2018-19 SFCU Player of the Season (Results coming soon...)

Another post begging for votes for the Melbourne City match - we have just 7 so far. It counts towards player of the season the same as every other match, so it’s important to get a wide variety of views. You don’t have to rewatch it, I promise!

For anyone who was on the edge of their seat to learn the MOTM for our past two losses, apologies for the delay!

First of all, thanks to everyone who voted. They were unsurprisingly lower than usual, but I was pleasantly surprised that we didn’t seem to lose too many with the re-vote for the City game.

Anyway, it was Andrew Redmayne who took clear MOTM for the away loss to Kawasaki for his role in keeping the deficit to just 1 goal. It was his 5th MOTM for the season, equal with Adam Le Fondre on that tally.

For the City game, votes were quite evenly spread. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th received 13, 12, 11 and 11 respectively. But there was just one player who averaged over 1 vote from each submission: Alex Wilkinson got his first MOTM for the season, amazingly just the third in his 95-game SFC career.

1 Like

Voting for Rd 23 vs Brisbane is open

Round 24 vs Melbourne

Results are in for last Friday’s win over Brisbane: This was an interesting one, because although 18 of the 20 voters thought Siem de Jong worthy of votes, the 13 who voted for Milos Ninkovic gave him more of their collective shares, and in the end both foreigners ended on 28 votes and joint men of the match! Both pick up 2.5 points for their player of the season tallies.

It is De Jong’s first MOTM of his SFC career, and he is the ninth player to win it from the bench. It is Ninko’s fifth for the season, putting him now equal with Andrew Redmayne and Adam Le Fondre on the top of that list.

Reminder to vote for your MOTM for Saturday’s scenes:

Voting vs SIPG (and MV is still open till Saturday)

Voting for the derby is open, with still time for the ACL game as well

Recent winners: Brandon O’Neill was the clear MOTM in the last-minute win over Victory, while Adam Le Fondre came out ahead in a close-run race for the Shanghai ACL match.

In terms of MOTMs, that puts ALF in the lead with 6 for the season (though this was his first since January), followed by Redmayne and Ninko with 5 each, and O’Neill and Grant with 4. The Player of the Season prize of course includes points for 2nd and 3rd, so it’s looking like it’ll be close.

Not many votes so far for the derby, it’s open until Saturday but it’d be good to get a few more before tonight’s match.

1 Like

Voting for Rd 26 vs Perth:

Voting for ACL matchday 4 vs Shanghai SIPG away

(& still time for R26 vs Perth too)

The latest results:

The Rd 25 draw with WSW had a clear top 3, with 27, 25 and 19 votes respectively (next best got 9). It was Andrew Redmayne who won it in the end, his sixth for the season (and his SFC career).

Round 26 vs Perth was more clear cut: Rhyan Grant picked up more than 2 votes from each voter on average, more than double the next best. It is his fifth MOTM for the season, and the 16th of his SFC career.

In terms of season MOTMs, we have Redmayne and Le Fondre with 6 each, followed by Ninković and Grant both on 5 and then Brandon O’Neill with 4. Player of the season is looking like it’ll be a close-run thing, with potentially still 8 matches to play.

With low voter turnouts being the new norm (especially for ACL matches), every vote can have a big impact. So please submit yours for the SIPG away match if you haven’t already:

Round 27 vs Newcastle is open:

BUMP for more Newcastle votes - only 6 so far :grimacing:

Another one now that I’ve put my votes in.

Unfortunately there is no vote option for the guy up the back yelling at the top of his lungs.

I didn’t watch the game but I’ll use this as an opportunity to support my favourites for the end of season awards :rofl:

1 Like

Latest results:

Andrew Redmayne won MOTM for the away draw with Shanghai SIPG. It’s his 7th MOTM for the season, equal now with Danny Vukovic’s 2016-17 season and behind only Vedran Janjetović for most in a season by a goalkeeper (with 10).

The final round loss against Newcastle saw the few votes widely spread, with debutant Joel King winning MOTM with just 16 votes from the 14 voters. This average of 1.14 votes is the 6th-lowest winning score since voting began (265 matches). King is the seventh player to win MOTM on debut, after Del Piero, Janjetović, Ognenovski, De Silva, Le Fondre and Ghoochannejhad.

Thanks to all voters so far. Player of the season is still wide open with up to 6 matches left to play.

1 Like

ACL matchday 5 vs Ulsan:

Voting for the semi is open

And if you can bear to think about any other match, there haven’t been many for the Ulsan match - at the same link above

2 Likes

GRAND FINAL voting:

There’s an error. I can’t give Redmayne 20 points.

4 Likes