A-League Expansion

So apparently Rudan is going to walk on Wellington and take over at Western Melbourne?

So I think that proves it was never going to be anyone but another Sydney and Melbourne team.

If I was one of the bids not from Sydney and Melbourne I might be asking what my legal options were considering they were never really in the running.

Time to base it out of Picton!

What a clusterfuck.

At this rate the FFA is going to have more registered lawyers on it’s books than registered players.
Similar to CFG’s approach to young footballing talent, the FFA should sign all the promising legal students to long term contracts, loan them out to legal aid for a few years to gain experience, then bring them back to fight whatever litigation suit they are facing at the time.

And immediately sack all the useless cunts that don’t make them at least $30m.

That sounds similar to Gallop’s own career path, don’t forget his first foray into sports was as the in-house legal counsel for the Super League debacle which ripped apart and nearly killed rugby league.

At least he’s consistent in trying to destroy entire sports through his legal expertise.

2 Likes

Once a parasite,ALWAYS a parasite!

Sage is still pushing for Asian expansion wanting teams in Kuala Lumpur, Manilla and Singapore

Because it’s cheaper and quicker to get to Asia from Perth than the east coast.

1 Like

Maybe he should fuck his club off to the Indonesian league then

If only there were some competition where Australian teams can play Asian teams in competitive game. :thinking:

1 Like

I hope there isn’t, you’d never hear the end of it if an Australian team was to win it.

1 Like

What’s “You fat bastard, you’re shit Aaaaaah” in Tagalog?

2 Likes

So with the club’s announcing that they want to have a roadmap to 16 - where do you think the new teams should be and in what timeline?

I’m hoping going forward that we expand in 2s, to avoid a bye. I think my ideal would be something like:

2021-22 - Wollongong and Canberra
2024-25 - Ipswich/other Brisbane and ??? Geelong maybe? North Queensland?

I’d say a team in Tasmania would be the way to go with a later potential expansion path to Darwin, depending on level of interest.

After Wollongong and Canberra of course

Would Darwin be able to support a team? They definitely seem like somewhere for maybe a future second division.

I’d say Sydney #4 and #5, and Melbourne #4 and #5.
Because derbies

4 Likes

It’d be more getting them involved in lower leagues and then sounding out the interest. If you have a stable and competitive second division (maybe without relegation/promotion), you’d use that as a test to see if teams in certain areas are viable. We already know there’s huge interest in Wollongong and Canberra, but it’s the smaller cities and towns that are the high risk, namely Hobart, Darwin, Townsville, Cairns etc.

There will be a race to get 14 teams for a 26 round home and away comp but I really can’t see them going for a Victorian team until Western United have a well established fan base in a permanent, rectangular ground.

Wollongong & Canberra

1 Like