A-League - Round 24 Discussion

Ridiculous from Melling. How on earth is he a professional footballer? I’d be embarrassed to have him if I was a Mariners fan.

He wasn’t bad at City a few years back. Certainly he looked like he could kick on and be decent. He has probably gone backwards since then though.

Kilkenny’s haircut and the 88 on his back makes him look like he could be an extra on Romper Stomper

I disagree. I don’t think he’s looked good anywhere. He even looked like a bit of a hack at Adelaide and has only got worse since then.

He’s one of a number of young-ish players who really need to get flicked to NPL level to either find their appropriate level, or reinvigorate their hunger and push them onto a more successful A-League stint in the future. See Matt Millar and Dylan Wenzel-Halls as examples of the latter. Melling is only one of many in the former category.

1 Like

Based on this and our Arnie years, the old farts bring the success.

Based on this, Brisbane should have won it last season.

1 Like

No, per the tweet we should have won it last season. Brisbane had a bunch of truly jurassic-era players, but that was balanced out by some youngsters. For us, it was the same 28-33 year-old group with a couple of guys around 25 as our “youngsters”. And a few minutes here and there from Charles.

Yeah fair enough.