A-League Round 8

Could go to double figures

Honda gets away with a fend to the neck. The reff is an idiot. He doesn’t have control of this game

The Aloisis can’t be long for this league. Who’s next at the Roar?

Great finish from the swede

This is a crazy game. I love this league.

I need to clarify this was a full-time prediction, not a half-time one.

3 Likes

Fuck, I wouldn’t have even got that one right. Some absolutely sackable defending today by Brisbane, although there have been one or two good ones as well.

I am generally against capital punishment, but I’d support the death penalty for coaches who don’t have defenders on the posts at corners.

It is games like these that make me hate Melbourne Victory. While the reaction to the tackle on Corey Brown was as expected, just them being apart in these fiery matches makes it easier to dislike them.

I feel a bit sorry the ref. I think he’s made mostly the right decisions. You’re not going to please everyone but John Aloisi is carrying on and I wouldn’t mind slapping him right now, as well as 3/4 of the melbourne team.

Aloisi should stop whingeing to the referees. His team are certainly defending like a team that is being coached by an out-and-out striker.

Agreed, I think Speedy mentioned during the game that Aloisi should stop complaining and focus on how easy victory got into an attacking area

Melbourne are sucking the life out of the game. Can’t see Brisbane even getting a couple of half chances let alone back into the game.

Continuing to play henrique in 2018 should be grounds for dismissal

1 Like

Brisbane aren’t going to finish with 10 men, are they?

They have decided to just finish the game by beating Melbourne up. I’m into it.

Didn’t do a nearly good enough job, though.

If Grant can cop so much for his glorious mullet, why does Hope not get any shtick for his school girl haircut? Makes you wonder…

1 Like

Crazy game up there in the tropics. Guys in Orange dripping with desperation. Victory goal before half time was the killer for home team. Up till then there was a sniff that the mayhem may have allowed Roar to somehow jag something. And really the concession of that goal told the story of the game.

+1

Brisbane’s side is still old as hell, they are barely any better than last season’s disgrace.