A-League Round 8

Brisbane still caused trouble for Melbourne’s defence with 10 men until Muscat made them play conservative. They definitely don’t look like an unstoppable force at the moment. Just a great attack with a fairly poor defence.

Losing Neidermeier had a lot to do with that. He’s clearly their defensive leader. While Deng is a good enough defender at this level, I don’t think he has the ability to lead their back four yet.

Brisbane will fix the majority of their performed issues the moment they sack Aloisi.
Surely the credit from scoring that fucking penalty has expired by now.

And Aloisi only scored 1 penalty. Schwarzer made 2 saves! Never got the credit did ole Mark.

JA should be remembered for his Valentines Day massacre goal. One of the best SFC moments I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.

Wellington massive fans of scoring at the moment

To be fair, pretty much any team should be a fan of scoring when facing a defence and goalkeeper of the Mariners’ quality.

Murray had a pretty good chance early on and they will probably rue that miss.

lol Mandi you douche

CCM aren’t helping themselves at all here.

I get happy every time the Roar go on a good run (provided it doesn’t include beating us) because it means that keep hold of Aloisi.

more rain

Perth 2 -0

No Fornaroli in City squad again,those folds are still there!

Popa looks like he is sticking with his smash and grab tactics that he used in Wanderers first 2 seasons.

Don’t know if these tactics will work for all games

It will work if the players are well-drilled and have the appropriate level of professionalism to carry it out. Perth under Popovic are far more likely to be effective at this than Babbel’s Western Suburbs team was last night. I’m still astonished at how utterly ineffective their deep defending was last night, especially given how good a defender Babbel was in his heyday.

I dunno as poor as Sydney have been playing, I think Sydney will likely beat Perth 4 or 5 nil. The way Perth plays is what Sydney is designed to destroy. It will be like the city game.

Were the commentators taking the piss with that basketball talk just then?

I see just the opposite. They play with five at the back (with two very attacking full-backs) and two defensive midfielders. That’s already pretty much covered us. The best way I see us beating Perth is to pound down Davidson’s side and expose his defensive frailties. And needless to say, us scoring first will be absolutely crucial. If they score first, I don’t see us getting anything. Its that simple.