ALM - Round 10 Discussion - 2023/24

What’s the record number of goals in an ALM match?

For some reason I have it in my head that it’s 8 but happy to be corrected.

1 Like

It is 8. An 8-1 and two 8-2s.

1 Like

10 in two different games, both 8-2.

Did Ross know something that the rest of them didn’t? What a capitulation.

Ross leaves, Roar losing 8-1:

1 Like

5-4 is a much more enjoyable 9 goal scoreline than an 8-1.

Edit For a neutral

According to Ultimate A-League

2 Likes

As much as I like to see records broken I’m glad City didn’t get the record for most goals in a game.

1 Like

I’m actually weirdly more worries about away to Roar next week. They gonna be PIIIISSED!

Acton’s going to be having nightmares.

If JM is having a private sook that scoring a hat trick against a bunch of demoralised players is proof of Socceroos selection…

1 Like

He’s had a public sook, as well.

Newcastle vs Western Utd on now. Buhagiar is starting for some reason.

Buhagiar finishes off a nice cross from Dane Ingham. Defending, as usual from Western, absolutely non-existent. 1-0 Newcastle.

Imagine letting Trent score.

1 Like

Imagine letting Trent score twice.

I can’t believe John Aloisi still has a job. Most of his players, especially the back four, have checked out some time ago. This could be anything.

1 Like

Yeah it tells you a lot that Buhagiar is the biggest goal threat in this game. He had so much time for that second one. Just no pressure on him at all.

Aloisi must go soon.

Trent could have a real field day here with this slow and disorganised WU defence.

Commentator just mentioned players paid late? That is pretty alarming.

Also the most unsurprising of news, if I’m honest. Barely anybody goes to their games, their training stadium is obviously still not ready and their main stadium has been delayed for several years. You can say Covid, and all that, but I don’t feel there is much emotional investment in the club from anyone concerned.

TWICE!? They let Buhagiar score twice!?