Australian Football Abroad Thread

Norway does a summer season (April to October according to wiki) so gives another opportunity for Matildas being able to combine that with W-League (with obvious caveats about too many years of that being too physically and mentally draining as we’ve been seeing).

Brighton have turned the Mooy loan into a permanent deal which can only mean Brighton are going down now

This miss…

2 Likes

Wow, that is special. We’ve all seen guys miss from there before, but usually the ball is fizzed across and / or they’re stretching for it.

Didn’t Kanu miss one like that in the premier league a while back?

The commentary is the real highlight there.

Smith to Cardiff on loan

After all this time, I’m amazed he’s still contracted to Bournemouth. I guess he’d be on good coin but surely he’s got to leave permanently if he’s not in their first-team plans. Once his Cardiff loan is over, he will have been on loan for two years, and he will have turned 26 by then.

Contract ends after this season so will be free to go wherever

Mary Fowler has joined Montpellier.

Mabil’s club are 10 points clear in Denmark (albeit played one more game then FC Copenhagen)

James Holland’s LASK drew Man U for the final 16 of the Europa league.

Last Aussie left in Europe actually playing. With Luongo out consistently at Sheffield, Dougall dropped from Barnsley and Jeggo not looking like a bolted on starter…how the fuck does he not suddenly get picked by Arnie ?

Bozanic scored the winner against Rangers in the Scottish Cup

Not an Aussie but i didn’t want to start a kiwis playing abroad thread…

1 Like

Singh seems determined to take the chance Bayern have given him. He is one of five youngsters at the club allowed to train with the first team, and has scored six goals as well as registering seven assists in 19 outings for the Munich club’s second team this season.

That’s a great record!

Bozanic scored a cracker in the Edinburgh derby and Rogic scored a late equaliser against Livingston yesterday.

Mile Jedinak looks to be working in the Aston Villa academy now

As a youth coach.

A-League Hub
@AleagueHub

Turkish sides Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe, Scottish club Glasgow Rangers and Fortuna Düsseldorf from Germany are all said to be interested in Riley McGree, who is valued at €3,000,000 by Adelaide United. [

@sporarena

]

In the current financial climate, I would be astonished if Adelaide got that much for McGree. I guess that is the art of negotiating, though. Demand the unreasonable, but come to a compromise.