Australian Football Abroad Thread

1 Like

That’s a complete banger.
Bit of a surprise that Deng has pretty much walked into a first team spot in a big J-League club like Urawa. He seemed like a good A-League player but not necessarily in the top tier of defenders to justify a fairly decent step up in standard.
Anyone know how he’s been viewed over there? He’s certainly had plenty of game time.

Hilarious that Amini got totally dicked by that Turkish club - when will people learn?

Surely it’s time for the bloke to come back to CCM?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1299353751732584448?s=19

Aaron mooy to shanghai sipg. I hope he’s getting paid squillions :persevere:

What in the absolute fuck

Retiring so early. He’s 30 next month.

I mean, if an EPL contract isn’t enough financially, then you have to scratch your head. And who knows if he’ll ever see the stupid money they’ve offered him in Shanghai.

His wife and kid are staying in the UK, so he’s going there on his own, in the middle of a pandemic. Bizarre decision really.

What an absolutely fucked choice.

Must be absolute mega bucks. Still, pretty fucking stupid decision

Apparently Brighton have signed Lallana from Liverpool. The Sun (I know) are claiming Mooy will be on 50,000 Pounds a week. A nice little earner but I would have thought he would need more than that to go to China

Wests in 2 years then.

1 Like

$180,000 a week according to the ABC

The Athletic saying GBP3m net p/a. I would.

Maybe he’s 30 in Nwankwo Kanu years. He does look like he’s well into his 40’s.

2 Likes

I know I definitely can’t wait for the sob story about involving the PFA and going to FIFA to reclaim unpaid wages in a year’s time.

With Mooy making a horrendous career move and Rogic an even money chance to doing the same to Qatar, Arnie really should be using this as an opportunity to give meaningful game time to the likes of Arzani, McGree and Burgess in upcoming Socceroos games.

4 Likes

In much better news Emily van Egmond has joined West Ham. She was the last member of the most recent Matildas squad to not have moved overseas

Its the Elkeson, Uncle Hulk, Oscar and Arnoutovic side - I reckon they’re legit.

Class act by his old club: ‘Welcome back anytime’ - AGF’s message to stranded Socceroo Amini | The World Game

Why do people care where Mooy plays?

1 Like

Why do people want to go to Turkey? Too many disasters.

I suppose some people think it could be beneficial to the national team for our best player to continue playing at the highest possible level. :wink:

2 Likes