Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

Exactly 20 years to the day that 93,252 crowd in the MCG saw Australia and Italy go head to head in the first game for the men in the Olympics, two days before the opening ceremony.

Found there is the full game on youtube!

2 Likes

I went to the Socceroos against Honduras at the SFS. Honduras were not exactly playing with the Olympic spirit. Fucking terrible with their play acting. I thought the crowd was going to lynch them

We had a top notch team. At least on paper

Australia vs Nigeria at the SFS was the first ever football game I attended.

1 Like

Look at this butt ugly kit. Is this some sort of late 19th century retro reimagining that they’re selling exclusively at Lowes?

1 Like

Is that a lightning bolt down the side? I’ve been waiting years to be able to buy a decent Socceroos shirt. I guess the wait continues

If this is true and as I said in the Kit thread

Seems I was right;

Ghastly, looks like a park referees shirt.

Bullshit, refs shirts are much better.

If the socceroos kit doesn’t have green shorts and white socks I don’t care, it sucks.

2 Likes

I wish we could move to Adidas. Nike absolutely chucked it in after the cracking 2014 WC kit.

A-League Memes posted a random rendering of the shirt and it looked half decent. Definitely better than that photo… Where’d the photo come from? If that’s an official one than no wonder football in this country is screwed… I mean not even ironing the f*cking thing…

It was leaked.

The jerseys make more sense when someone made the point about the Olympic uniforms.
If they make a big deal about celebrating 20 years since the Sydney Olympic then they may actually be pretty good.
But given it just looks like a yellow Portugal jersey I think the Olympic thing may be an afterthought.

What’s Olympic’s uniforms got to do with the Socceroos?

I know Olympic is awesome, but it they are completely different colours.

2000…

We came 5th and got knocked out in the minor semi.

Some good names in that squad but nothing to really commemorate.

Nick Carle replacing Gabriel Mendez is some mad teckers thou.

1 Like

I know but it’s the 20th anniversary of the olympics. It’s just lazy marketing if that’s the angle they’re going for…

Oh The Olympics?

I thought it was like the 124th anniversary?

My god it’s 1916! Bash the Bosch!

This is great.

Wait till you check out two seasons later.

#uphighwherethespiderslive

The away one is niiiiiiice. May just be cos Carpenter’s in it tho…

$90?