Australian National Team Thread - #ArnieOut!

Faaaaaark. I celebrated like it was a win and it wasnt even a goal.

1 Like

I dare say Rogic gets tons of broken play and open space in the SPL. No where near that in Asia.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SHOOT FROM THERE ROGIC?!

If there isn’t at least 5 minutes of time added on, its not enough with all of these delays. Not unexpected. We shouldn’t have let ourselves fall behind.

Rogic approaching Kruse levels of uselessness. Terrible.

Why the fuck is Sainsbury lobbing balls into the box from 30m out and in the centre of the pitch.

Man I hate football in Asia.

How the fuck did we not just score then.

Rogic has some fucked attitude about him.

I know it sounds stupid but losing to Jordan was probably a good thing in the long run. They’ll top the group and play Japan in the quarters and we’ll probably get Uzbekistan.

What a shower of shit that was.

We need to score goals first.

Celtic must have a shit team if Rogic makes their first 11

How did we not score at the end there? I thought Irvine had it.

Better team won. We should be starting the next game with the team that finished here, maybe with Luongo in for Rogic and Irvine playing at 10.

Edit: and Nabbout in up front.

I’m sure we will against Palestine, Syria is gonna be the weird game.

Fuck no. After Luongo’s travesty of a first half he should sit out the rest of the tournament.

I never used to believe it when some pundits said Rogic was a luxury player. Well, he’s a luxury player and that’s been proven today more than ever. Losing Mooy, Boyle, Leckie, Nabbout and not having Juric there either has REALLY hurt us and are more critical to the team than Rogic, who doesn’t score enough and doesn’t make assists despite being a number fucking ten, apparently.

Rogic isn’t the single reason we lost, though. Yes, Jordan worked really hard, but nearly everyone went missing in action. Its just Rogic is now one of the senior players and must bear a lot of responsibility, so he deserves to be named above most of the others. He can’t run and hide in big games like this.

If Ikon slides it across Maclaren probably has a tap in, but whatevs, we deserved that result.

First 2 subs were to replace the obvious two who aren’t good enough to start.

It’s also been 13+ years and we still seemingly have no idea how to break down any ~100th ranked gulf team who parks the bus and counters. This is above and beyond Arnie, it’s a failing of all who’ve come before him.

Positives, hey, if it helps us avoid Japan in the quarters then I’ll take it.

I feel like I need a shower after that.

Arnie could have done with Milos there.

2 Likes