Best kids in the league?

No, he is not. Ironically has Serbian blood not Croatian. Came through the Adelaide youth system.

Is that good or bad?

2 Likes

Bad

Bos isn’t long for this league.

1 Like

I was talking to a newcastle fan and he was disappointed with Goodwin citing some off field behavior issues that are keeping from getting game time. Not sure how true it is, but considering how small newcastle is people might have seen him out and about.

That would be sad.

In any case the U20 Asian Cup is in March so it’ll be interesting to see who gets selected.

Sounds similar to Irankunda. Kids will be kids, but someone should pull them aside and highlight that just making an A-L squad means jack shit, the list of unfulfilled potential from this league must be approaching a length able to jar them into knuckling down and making the most of the opportunity in front of them.

1 Like

but that’s most leagues in general isn’t it? If you consider the pyramid structure of every league, you’d see maybe 0.01% or less of players actually make it?

2 Likes

Irankunda now with 3 goals 2 assists in 300 minutes. 3 in his last 5 all from the bench. Could be a break through year for him.

Actually looking at the age profile of the young socceroos (and who was selected), and how well Irankunda did for the joeys last year I’m surprised he didn’t get a place in the squad at the WC.

Now 4 goals 2 assists in 345 minutes. 4 in 6 from the bench.

Yeah, nothing to do in Newcastle. FMD.

Thankfully no one is over-hyping him.

He to me is very raw. Great skills, but so young and appears to be sucking in the hype…

I hope he gets good tutoring to keep his mind in the right place for the long term.

Does this make us the only team to win the coveted Townsville AND Christchurch Cups?

A historic double if so!

7 Likes