Cove boycott of alm finals

They actually are incorporated and have a committee and all. Crazy.

1 Like

Are they actually linked to any supporter groups, or is this just a random bunch of people that have gotten together and just decided to try and take control?

Randoms, there had been no attempt made to contact us despite several people that are involved standing in our home end. Iā€™m sure itā€™s pure coincidence that their initial announcement was when the first boycott was happening, and this one is when we just announce our boycott of the finals.

Sounds like the Green and Gold Army and look at how they turned out.

Iā€™ve been interacting with them for a while, their intentions are good, not sure they understand how tough itā€™s going to be on them to win people over but they do seem to be genuine.

Well this is awkward now with a Sydney derby finals game (assuming we dont lose 8-0 to the Jets)

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Fuck it, Iā€™ll purchase the cheapest category and not stand in the away active area. I donā€™t fucking know.

Then youā€™re going to be in a random bay surrounded by Wanderers bandwagoners.

Boycotting the first Sydney derby finals game, which could be an immense showcase for the game and something thats never happened before, for a boycott that stems from the final Sydney hosting decision (ie something that doesnt affect this game at all) isnt a bit of an awkward and foolish looking situation? (especially when the decision was taken when we werent as likely for the finals. )Not also going to be great for the players to not have the support.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s like a Cat E ā€œfamily zoneā€ section rather close to where away active usually is. Iā€™ve purchased there for womenā€™s derbies before their men play another club.

Either that, or if The Cove and RBB actually work together, it could be a good statement.

I said it in the other thread but I canā€™t see them boycotting anything. Their stance will be ā€œwe never said anything about boycotting an elimination home final derby, we earned the home game and weā€™ll support the team in full.ā€ etc etc.

1 Like

I guess you can still go to the game , just donā€™t sit in the active area

2 Likes

Without wanting to further undermine the boycott, it just occurred to me that if Wilko decides to call time on his playing career this season, the derby could well be his final game for us (assuming we donā€™t win)

It would be a travesty for him to not receive a proper send off.

(Not saying we shouldnā€™t boycott, and obviously Iā€™m only speculating on Wilko, just pointing out this unfortunate timing)

1 Like

Or another classic case of the game missing opportunities because itā€™s so caught up in itself.

Its just going to be a terrible look for the club and league and such a missed opportunity to have an empty active support.

4 Likes

The one thing I will absolutely NOT support is a dick-measuring contest between the central figures in both active groups, whether it be about turning up or boycotting. Either thereā€™s a mutual, well-organised boycott, with both active groups, together, asking that we donā€™t purchase tickets, or itā€™s pointless, beyond getting a cheaper ticket and not being active. No march, empty active bay, or everybody sitting. I donā€™t know. Iā€™m Cove but how organised the boycott is is not up to me. Iā€™m like Mongo, a pawn in the game of life.

Losing to the Wanderers in Parramatta in a knockout game is a bad send off regardless of who attends or doesnā€™t to be honest. With any luck, itā€™s Ninkoā€™s last game. Wishful thinking?

So also in theory we could have an away derby in the elimination final, home/away vs Central Coast at Moore Park and Gosford, then have the GF in Moore Park as well :rofl:

3 Likes

Playing Mariners in the semi seems unlikely, unless the 6th place team beats Adelaide awayā€¦which, come to think of it is possible. We could have an all-NSW finals even if we go all the way to the GF!? Lizard people!

1 Like