Fixtures 2021-22

There’s got to be some other reason the Mariners haven’t confirmed CC Stadium other than COVID. Newcastle are hosting in Broadmeadow and travelling to Sydney for games. Oh no, the bastards are going to do the northern Sydney move, aren’t they? Well, there goes the boutique appeal.

Also, apparently Bankwest is CommBank?

Cumberland oval

2 Likes

South Melbourne rejects the plans of Western United FC to use Lakeside Stadium :eyes:

South Melbourne considers Western United to be a direct competitor in the Melbourne, Victorian and Australian football market. Their acceptance to the A-League was based largely on the commitment to having a purpose-built football stadium constructed in Melbourne’s west. It is approaching three years since the A-League expansion clubs were announced and construction works have still not commenced. Western United’s use of Lakeside Stadium is not acceptable and South Melbourne FC will vigorously oppose any such plans.

South Melbourne can confirm that it will be exercising all rights to prevent Western United FC from playing A-League matches at Lakeside Stadium.
Crowd watching tv GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

3 Likes

What a bunch of plonkers

What rights do they actually have though? It’s run by Parks Victoria, so unless they have an exclusivity deal with the stadium, they can do sweet fuck all.

Interesting case to argue, that road testing your venue for future A-L suitably is going to hurt future viability.

What a bunch of malakas.

Unless they have a game scheduled for the same weekend, I don’t see how they could successfully claim it is hurting their club

I think they would argue that the FFA Cup has repeatedly done that.

1 Like

Professional victims.

Lol.

Like WU has fans.

Pushing the season back to November makes complete sense.

I really don’t like opening round derbies though, I prefer to have a few rounds for each club to settle in to the competition a bit before going head-to-head. Having said that, we seem to do well with them. Can we play this one at ANZ instead? :laughing:

FUCK OFF!
STOP EQUATING THESE TWO FIXTURES!

1 Like

I like it. Fuck every other Sydney team, they’re all equally beneath us.

You guys playing the Jets in Coffs Harbour 30 October. 3pm kickoff

1 Like

Nice away trip but what I really want for Christmas is the Away Game in Tasmania against Western United.

Hey mate, this awesome - there on hols - where confirmed? cheers

2 Likes

Pre-season friendly I’m assuming?

1 Like