General A-Leagues Men Discussion Thread

The graphic in this tweet from SA Health is my new favourite thing ever. Is it too late to change our logo?

https://twitter.com/SAHealth/status/1277805314704801792?s=19

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

20200630_143746

I don’t particularly like SA (that Mardi Gras guy and Craig Goodwin’s stupid face) but this is a solid contribution. I feel like this could be a sticker.

7 Likes

Taking a screen shot if you don’t mind. Can see this graphic coming in handy haha

The state of Victoria looks like a small flaccid penis inside a condom.

Surely they are moving the Victorian teams to NSW before they go completely into lock down.

1 Like

Brad Hazzard press conference:

VICTORIANS from those hotspots ARE NOT WELCOME IN NSW

I heard the important parts…

2 Likes

This quote “ The A-League will certainly look different on screens, with the high likelihood that games not involving NSW teams will not be open to the public to avert unnecessary costs given they would likely attract minuscule crowds.”
Had already considered going to the Perth- Welly game in Kogarah on the 23rd. If it’s free in, makes the decision a lot easier.

1 Like

Other games in the same category:
July 23 - Perth Glory vs Wellington Phoenix (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium)
July 26 - Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United (Bankwest Stadium)
July 28 - Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar (Bankwest Stadium)
July 30 - Adelaide United vs Perth Glory (Bankwest Stadium)
August 5 - Wellington Phoenix vs Brisbane Roar (Bankwest Stadium)
August 8 - Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory (Bankwest Stadium)
August 11 - Melbourne City vs Adelaide United (TBC)
August 12 - Perth Glory vs Western United (Bankwest Stadium)

A sizeable contingent of Sydney FC fans in Parra on July 28th to pile shit on the Victorians would be a glorious sight to see…

2 Likes

If pay good money to see them lose the league on August 8

I went to the Mariners/Jets grand final because i had nothing else going on that weekend, i can see myself going to a Glory game to just chant “YOU’RE SHIT AHHHHHH”

1 Like

Be intresting to see what the ratings are like with all of the fans watching from home

That’s a good point. Ratings have been pretty low, so with an extra, say 8k (account for couple/families that would share a single stream) it might bump it up a bit. At the rate it’s going, 8k still adds some significance unfortunately.

I’d go see Welly games. Likeable team who play good footy.

1 Like

The Perth Glory one is really “YOU’RE SHIT AHHHH … AAAAAAAAAHHH … AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”

Diamanti for another 2(!) years

1 Like

I wonder if that comes with a coaching gig of some description.

The Victorian border closure makes the plan to start the season in Victoria then move to here look pretty dicey.