General A-Leagues Men Discussion Thread

Shows what joke having Honda as a finalist for the Johnny Warren Medal was.

JAYFC SEASON REVIEW ALERT!

On a related note, check out the DITB weirdest A-League moments thread on their Twitter page:

2 Likes

Christ that’s up in record time. Go Jay.

2 Likes

Some truly awful goalkeeping this past season

JayFC picked out 17 minutes of bloopers this season. Great stuff.

What I will now say as well is that one could also probably dedicate 17 minutes to Vedran’s fuckups, and another 17 for Brisbane and Central Coast’s defending. And you could probably dedicate the last 17 minutes of the last F3 derby of the season as well. That was absolutely crazy.

Why not just make a 15-minute compilation of the only non-shit play which happened in the entire league all season?

Probably awkward timing but Sage wants more home-away finals.

That’d be pretty shit - drags it on too long (imagine how long off-season would feel if your team missed the last six weeks of the season) and completely devalues any benefit from doing well across the regular season.

If we ever decided to extend the cup, though, instead of a finals series…

Imagine playing someone five times in the season plus a chance of meeting in the Cup.

Just ask a Philippines Football League fan and they can actually tell you how it feels.

Hopefully it would be with the introduction of a home and away season so it would just be 4 times and possibly the cup like normal.

They really have messed up with delaying Macarthur’s entry at the whim of WSW. Having another ‘rival’ in the year you move to a new stadium is more likely to strengthen your core than it is divide it. If people are going to defect to a team that is a 10 minute drive, bus-ride or train trip from home – a brand new stadium is not going to stop them from jumping ship.

I cant imagine anyone from WSW heartland jumping to MFC… likewise, I can’t imagine those WSW fans who live in Macarthur jumping ship would have any kind of attendance or membership impact large enough to delay.

1 Like

With an independent A-League on the horizon, who will be in charge of expansion? The FFA or the independent A-League board/panel?

Definitely the league body.

Panel of ex-captains?

Sigh

1 Like

26 rounds next season with 29 week season and byes scheduled.

You can call it the off season, I call it the season of baseless speculation.
Adelaide to sign Sergio Busquets?
Brisbane to sign Fernando Torres?
CCM to sign all of the players released by WSW.

26 rounds? That’s crazy talk.
So you play everyone twice, then 6 teams a 3rd time. It’s so uneven. And then the season is even shorter.