HAL Transfers and Rumours 19/20

Georgevski must have the busiest agent in the country, he’s been linked with everyone.

1 Like

Georgeski has signed with ws, roly is going to city

Source for either? I got a “you like soccer, do you know these guys?” inside info tip on these 2. Not 100% but makes sense.

Heard about roly from someone that would know, may have got teams mixed up.

Tbh I thought Georgeski had been announced. But it was just said he’d signed in a twg article.

Until a player is holding a Jersey it’s not a done deal for mine

I’m amazed people want Roly. It must not be for much cash that’s why.

They currently aren’t starting the quite good, young aussie attack minded midfielder in McGree. So why would you want a guy that’s similar but imo isnt as good as Riley ?

City are very weird.

Im not 100% on mine so he may well end up in Malaysia!

Square pegs, round holes. Bonevacia doesn’t work hard enough for a Joyce-led team.

I wonder when Roly becomes a non-foreigner, though. Maybe some of the lower teams will find value in using him?

1 Like

I didn’t think they’d do it, but CCM have re-signed Murray for two more years. A rare bit of good business

It’s only good business if they aren’t paying overs, which they probably are after they let half their squad get away.

This is way too late to be starting with this. With the new clubs coming in, their potential domestic player pool has just shrunk some more. Letting current assets slip away as they have is criminal. But we all already know that so I’ll leave it at that.

So rumour becomes official and Matt McKay is to join Brosque and Valeri in A-League retirement.

He’s not a hugely popular figure here, but you gotta recognise that’s 3 huge A-League players calling it quits - certainly McKay and Brosque, as HAL season 1 players are a big loss to the character and accumulated history of the playing pool.

And because it’s against Melbourne, and because it involves our own GOAT, here’s his first HAL goal…

Matt Mckay can GGF. He very very clearly mouthed “faggot” to Sebba on a broadcast.

I’m not going to be the one to argue against the “GGF” verdict for him. Just an acknowledgement that it’s the retirement of another significant figure from the HAL’s Jurassic period.

I look forward to seeing his club recognition / award at end of season, only to satisfy curiosity on just how high he wears his beige slacks.

2 Likes

Word from North of the Tweed has it that they’re retiring the sideways 5-metre pass at the Roar.

2 Likes

Cannot retrieve tweet

Just a tweet quoting Mounier as saying he would be interested in the A-League. No idea why they’ve deleted it.

Imagine coming all the way out here as a French Champion (if they can somehow crawl over the line - see this morning’s result, ho ho ho) and WC bronze medalist, only to have to settle for being the 2nd best RB in this shit league.

3 Likes

That’s Meunier. This is Mounier at Panathinaikos.

1 Like