Impact of coronavirus on Sydney FC thread

You are not wrong. I am pretty sure that there is a penalty clause in the contract which allows Fox to claim significant damages if we begin negotiating with another party before the current contract expires.
That means the FFA cannot just walk away and negotiate with someone else for the next three years.
I do not doubt that if it came to a fight in the courts Fox would have bigger legal guns than the FFA.

It is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil. Fox is one of the most evil things on this planet.

With football coming back to Sydney on July 17th, is anyone ready to see the football but not ready to jump back into attending games? Iā€™m looking forward to seeing Sydney back in action but not sure if I am up for heading out to Kogarah on a train and then doing the stadium thing.

Maybe that might be different in a month, am I the only one who is a bit hesitant at the thought of being back at the football?

Get me to the fucking game ASAP fucking!!!11

4 Likes

Iā€™m super keen to see them in person, but probably wonā€™t risk it this season. Iā€™m just about to hit my busy period at work and as a sole practitioner, canā€™t afford to be off, so Iā€™ll have to give it a skip unfortunately.

I work in retail and wasnā€™t off at all during COVID. Attending a game would be a cake walk in comparison.

Iā€™m not a member, however, so not sure Iā€™ll be able to for that reason.

July 17?

50:50

If Foxtel doesnā€™t broadcast the remainder of the season then some thought would be required on the first game day.

McGowan may come back undercooked:

Seriously thinking about heading down for it. Has the remainder of the schedule been released or just the first few games, I canā€™t seem to find it anywhere?

Not released yet. They said they have a few versions of the draw, which depend on interstate travel restrictions. But all of them have the same first couple of fixtures.

2 Likes

It hasnā€™t been confirmed that people will be allowed in either, at least as far as Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like

Have locations been confirmed? Considering youā€™d think Phoenix have to play in country?

Iā€™m coming anyway #COVeIDHooligan.

Going off the other codes though Iā€™m assuming weā€™ll know within 2 weeks what the arrangements will be. Thatā€™s the cutoff point for me getting the time off work.
I intend on seeing a few games before the season ends though because who knows what kind of league we will see next season.

2 Likes

Wellington and Perth will be based in Sydney. Not sure about Adelaide but they were always going to be the two biggest issues.

NSW Gov. website : From 1st July " Cultural and sporting events at outdoor venues with a maximum capacity of 40,000 will be allowed up to 25% of their normal capacity. Events must be ticketed and seated and follow strict guidelines."
Jubilee has approx 8500 seats, so max of 2125 attendeesā€¦
Good luck getting a ticket.

Offer tickets based on # membership years. Kthx

Iā€™d expect the platinum members will absorb most of any allocation.

1 Like

I was one of those people who watched two games of Rugby League on that last weekend when crowds were able to so canā€™t wait till Sydney FC are back.

Sydney FC back in training. :heart_eyes:

https://www.sydneyfc.com/video/boys-return-training

Rhynoā€™s haircut is looking a bit more subdued this days, he needs to put some product in it.

1 Like

Is it AFC Compliant though?