Impact of coronavirus on Sydney FC thread

Can I bring my own deck chair?

Looking at flying into Sydney for a week. Would line up with Jets and WU game. Not getting my hopes up about attending any games but cant help but dream.

4 Likes

apparently all the melbourne teams didn’t make it to Canberra because of fog, so they might well be stuck unless they get a special exemption.

at this point, they can all stay there and forfeit all their games tbh, i don’t want them anywhere near our city at the best of times.

1 Like

Nsw government has said they’ll work with the club’s to grant exemptions

https://twitter.com/Adrian_Arciuli/status/1280306816656609280?s=20

Brief video here posted by apparently someone at SBS

Another night of no flying for Victorian teams. Making them look very amateur compared to the other codes.

I really thought it would be NRL players breaking quarantine that fucked this up.

Not the FFA’s own fucking incompetence.

What was the FFA supposed to do?

They weren’t exactly quick off the mark in getting the teams out of Melbourne.

Move the teams last Friday?

It was hardly an unforseen circumstance once those towers got locked.

Exactly, Melbourne Storm pre-empted this by moving to the Sunshine Coast early last week.

I thought all tickets had been booked prior, the only issue was the fact that the NSW government brought the border closure a day early wasn’t it?

I guess the point is that the FFA left it to the last minute which increased the risk in having issues getting into NSW. They had plenty of fore-warning and would have seen what the NRL were doing but they waited too long.

Why wait to the last minute in a fluid environment?

FFA definitely left their homework to the last minute. It was asking for trouble.

Yes I think I suggested it on the forum last Wednesday. FFA must of missed my post

Over 1000 cars crossed the VIC/NSW border yesterday without being checked. Book 2 busses for 100+ players and staff for 3 teams, then drive and book a hotel in Albury. Then you can do as you wish. I am sure a few thousand extra dollars would have been better spent. Now the Aleague is in jeapordy with a start next Friday. In the private sector execs think on the run. Unfortunately the FFA or whoever has managed this has bungled it up. Let’s hope all 3 teams get into NSW asap to finish off the season.

I sometimes wish that Peter Vlandys was running the FFA and make football in this country the premier sport as it should be. Other than netball it is the most participated sport by youth in Australia. He could convert them into members and vocal fans. I would be throwing as much money as possible to him now. He has the runs on the board NSW Racing tick, NRL tick.

Stop reading the daily telegraph champ.

2 Likes

Other than netball? What?