Intriguing Questions: An Off season Pursuit

I mean that’s one use for a terrible newspaper…

I’m not here to kink shame but …

1 Like

For the purposes of this question please pretend I’m a complete fucking idiot. I’m at a conference and I’m asked to scan a QR code for more info on something. What app should I be using for this exactly? In China it is always obvious that they mean to use WeChat, but here?

camera app

I thought that but my camera app doesn’t seem to have the function? I guess it’s 5 or 6 years old (Samsung S7). Guess i need a dedicated app then, yeah?

My last phone’s camera app didn’t do it either, so I used one called “QR Scanner” which worked fine

Even for an older camera quite weird. Check your settings, you may have switched off the recognition of QR codes.

First time i saw QR codes at a conference in the states years ago I did the same… after covid i have only used camera to follow the links

So if you have a proper Japanese futon or a bed that has sides that go all the way to the ground, do you eliminate the problem of monsters under the bed?

Maybe not the best article for this thread, but an interesting article on ship handling and numerous external factors which can cause collisions.

So I understand at some point in time, somebody saw a bug on a bed, figured out it was biting them and went “I’m going to name them bedbugs”. Yeah, that makes sense.

Now, who the fuck named cockroaches?

1 Like

How did cockroach get its name?

Cockroach - Wikipedia

The name “cockroach” comes from the Spanish word for cockroach, cucaracha, transformed by 1620s English folk etymology into “cock” and “roach”. The scientific name derives from the Latin blatta, “an insect that shuns the light”, which in classical Latin was applied not only to cockroaches, but also to mantids.

2 Likes

My apartment block has a basement carpark, ground floor and 6 levels. I live on the 1st floor, and all 7 have 4 apartments each.

Why is it that every time I go to use the elevator, it’s at floor 5 or 6? It happens 90% of the time!

Meth dealer on 5.

Crocodile dealer on 6.

1 Like