I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

I am actually surprised how many of you think it’s a slow show. I thought the first episode was too fast and had too much crammed in.

[spoiler]In the first 40min, we had a bounty hunt, a brief battle with a beast, we met the bounty hunter guild, his armory and saw a few flash backs to the clone wars when he was a kid. We also got to the macguffin at the end of the episode.

2nd episode moved the plot on a little. We know the baby is force sensitive and that other bounty hunters are still tracking the baby.[/spoiler]

Yeah I agree, I was surprised at the cracking pace set by that first episode.

I watched both episodes last night. As someone who is only sort of into this universe (I’ve seen all the movies but none of the shows and rarely ever re-watch the movies), I actually loved it. It had enough levity to make the show light but also didn’t feel like it was just fan service that I couldn’t get.

Yeah actually you’re right… A lot did happen in that first episode!

Really enjoying the Mandalorian
Like an RPG brought to life

Watched the first two eps of The Mandalorian.

Why does the star wars universe like repeating things they’ve already done in a slightly different manner?

The western in space thing is ok, but I’ve just rewatched Firefly so not something I’ve really need personally atm. Some noticebly poor spaceships in space CG compared to Firefly which is very, very surprising.

Because it made them a lot of money the first time around, and Star Wars fans have shown they’re pretty easily duped?

1 Like

Because no one can think of how to do it better/improve/push the story along without opening themselves up to tidal waves of abuse if it’s not?

Off to the midnight screening tonight… Pretty fucking pumped! A saga that has been in my life since I watched The Empire Strikes Back at a cinema back in Denmark in 1980/81…

Because when Rian Johnson tried to uproot the status quo and as a result, give the likes of Rey and Kylo Ren the power to grow their characters, most people absolutely hated the end result. So anyone can easily guess that JJ Abrams will play it fairly safe for Ep 9.

Rian Johnson told a shit story.

He managed to completely neglect building drama on a premise that Battlestar Galacatica was able to build drama on for four fucking seasons.

1 Like

I can’t take the bog ordinary content if it leads to this thou.

1 Like

Mando ep 7 > ROS

I didn’t love ROS but it got to where it needed to.

I think it’ll get better after a few more views…

Fuck I hope these cowards don’t squib it.

If the last movie spends 2.5 hours pandering to the anoraks it will be a tremendous waste of potential.

Pretty much every review is saying that.

Do we have spoiler tags on this forum?

In the settings button at the end. click on that

and you will get the option

Had about 12 hours to sit with the movie.

I dont like it. Completely discarding everything from TLJ so JJ can do Return of the Jedi 2

I really enjoyed it. There were parts that were a bit naff, but I dare say had I watched any of the original trilogy for the first time now, instead of when I was a kid, I would think parts of them are naff too. I thought the ending was really good and closed the saga out well. Some nice cameos as well. There were a couple of hastily dealt with plot points that could have been done better and in more detail across the previous two movies which would have really added to episodes 7 and 8 pushing the story along. Probly more in 8 than 7.

1 Like

I loved it.

Found that it was slightly rushed, but actually had enough of it’s own elements to make it stand out from the rest of the trilogy. The amount of nostalgia was absolutely spot on and I thought it didn’t overdo it. There wasn’t a big huha about Lando coming back and was emotional enough when Leia passed away, especially the Chewbacca scene

There were obviously a few bits and pieces that were a bit over the top, especially the ex-stormtroopers riding to battle on the edge of the star destroyer. Thought that was a bit stupid, if you were going to do a scene like that, then they should have had it inside the destroyer as a strike team. Especially considering the fact that a few grenades blew up the navigation beacon. When you have a fleet of fighters going past, don’t see why a single rocket couldn’t have finished the job and saved lives

I really loved how it actually expanded on the Sith story and “culture.” You actually gained a bigger understanding of the whole Sith back story and how it was Palpatine running the show, plus the fact that they are all in one and had a Sith Empire etc. Thought that was done really well. Was cringing when Rey hooked up with Ben, but then someone shouted out “YES” in the moment and we all laughed which made up for the cringe.

One other, minor annoyance, was the Star Destroyers. I hate the concept of the planet destroying laser and hated it even more that destroying that destroyed a whole ship. It just seems like a lazy way to do it, especially when you had the SSD in ROTJ that required a whole fleet to concentrate fire on, to destroy. Reminded me of the series of books with Kieran Halcyon years ago where there were space battles and a single shot destroyed ships (can’t remember the series name)

What they need now, is a well thought out TV series based on the aftermath of the movie. A series where the Resistance becomes the New Republic and builds on everything they’ve gained from all of this. Pretty much what the whole book universe was doing prior to Disney.