NSW Premier League 19/20/21/22/23/24

Would I be wrong in thinking it’s actually much more expensive to run a football club in Australia then Greece?

Yes, but that’s because our players generally get paid… Unless you’re Brisbane Roar

1 Like

J3 League:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/mohamed-adam/profil/spieler/692322

NPL NSW:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fabian-monge/profil/spieler/650865

Season Preview:

4 Likes

Wow, so many former SFC youth players spread across the league (apart from the Sydney FC youth team). And is Luke Nieuwenhof at WSW NPL so that he can get a ride to and from training with his older brother?

1 Like

Good write-up cough NPL still better than P+ / KeepUp cough

While doing some further digging I also found this shorter article just listing our squad:

Will be interesting to see if JK, Sega and Gurdy get any NPL minutes as well. Little bit sad we’ve lost Grimaldi to Sutherland, a few games I watched last year thought he was on par with Gurd, he might be closer to 23 though and we do have both Bakrdanikoski and Mathews who were absolute units at CB in last years U20’s.

Don’t know anything about Buratto and Callaghan as the additions, but interested to see Nathan Paull in there. When watching the 20’s late last season I saw a few XI’s where literally every player had seen time in the firsts (U23’s) except him. But he did quite well… and is an actual LB. If he steps up and performs he’s probably got the clearest path to the men’s squad replacing O’Toole.

Across the league interesting to see Jordy Swibel has been arsed by WSW and is now at Marconi. Haliti has replaced Juric as coach at Olympic and seems to have found Ziggy Gordon and Nick Fitzgerald on an old WSW phone list. And the sub-standard Petrati have landed at St George City now that Dimi can’t secure them a package deal.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder WTF went down with Calem tbh, I recall someone saying last year that the club had wraps on his younger brother so doubt it was SFC showing Luke the door.

Wonder if Rachel Lowe will be next. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ivan Necevski still kicking around for APIA eh?

Franco Farinella - is that just Frank Farina doing a Mr. Burns disguise?

Patrick Zwaaanswijk is managing Manly

Yeah, interesting one that. Zwaanswijk and Adam Griffiths have gone in opposite directions and taken each other’s jobs, the former left WSW as an assistant and was super scathing of the culture under Tsatsimas & co on his way out the door, Griffiths left Manly and is now Rudan’s biatch.

Honestly it’s great to see the likes of PZ, Carney, Wilkshire coaching in the NPL.

Good experience for potential A-Liga gigs.

Interesting to note that Zelko Kalac is now Macarthur.

When does the season officially kick off?

1 Like

It’s this weekend. Looky looky, first game at Valentine. :beers:

If that’s right ALL our home games are at Valentine. I’m in Splooshsville. :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ll try and get out there for a few games. It’s been a while since I’ve been out to FNSW HQ.

1 Like

Unfortunately no drinks or effnik food on site, iirc there’s like one mobile coffee / snack van. But loads of parking, free to wander in, and most importantly it’s a 5 minute drive from my place.

I foresee a few wintery evenings loading up at The Pickled Bear and grabbing a feed from Frango’s before strolling across Old Windsor Road. The Bella Vista Hotel would be closer, but despite their sports bar having sponsored the mighty Norwest FC it’s an absolute shithole with frankly the weirdest “wannabe Sheaf while still a booze barn” vibe. I do not understand the place and under no circumstance can I recommend visiting.

1 Like

I’ve only been out there once. On a cold blustery winter evening to watch Balmain FC play in a cup game out there, the season after their run to the R32 in the FFA Cup game. For the life of me, I can’t remember who they played or if they won or not. I think a mate drove me from Uni. I would have been under the influence of many beers.

I attended the Bella Vista Hotel on that evening, and I remember it being weirdly large, barn vibes galore.

Nowadays it’s about a 100km round trip. Probably about an hour each way.

Almost exactly ten years too late for me to be a local.

But also two years too early for me to have a convenient Waterloo/Central to Bella Vista direct train, so I’d have to fuck around with either getting to Town Hall and changing for Hillsbus or getting to Chatswood/Epping and changing for Metro - both of which sound like the very shitfuckerry which led me to seek asylum closer to civilisation in the first place.

Years ago I was at valentine Park and had a hankering for frangos. From memory it was a fence and the bus lane that stops it being an easy stroll. It was an hour round trip walking. Bit sad when it’s 500m as the crow flies.

Look, we know all the fun is in League One.

Hoping to head out to Bonnyrigg for some cevapi on Sunday.

Wolves blow a 2-0 halftime lead to share the points with APIA
Excellent stream from NPL TV

How do Wolves afford WIN? Surely there’s a smaller, decent ground they can play on?