PREMIERS! 15 charactets long

3 Likes

sorry that’s only 14 charactets

I’m telling you the keys move.

It’s good to be sky blue :sweat_smile:

We wrap up the Premiers Plate, and Melbourne Victory lose on the same evening. 10 years after the first time.

5 Likes

mood

1 Like

This is good.

I didn’t like not winning it last season.

1 Like
1 Like

If we’re talking about over a 5 year period - then surely it’s not even close?

Yeah people will cite the “Roarcelona” team because they played prettier football but they never had the success as long as we’ve had

1 Like

Nor across multiple coaches. For us it has been across two coaches making it more of a club-wide success rather than a coach-specific one.

1 Like

Two GK Coaches?

Two fitness trainers?

3 assistant coaches?

two ceos?

Two Milos

6 Likes

Two home grounds (I’m not counting Leichardt or the failed SCG experiment)

1 Like

Not that I disagree with the point about Sydney being the greatest side ever. But the Roar won 3 championships with 2 different coaches as well.

Yea between 2010-14, Roar won 2 premierships (2010/11, 2013/14) and 3 championships (2011, 2012, 2014).

Over the same stretch of 4 seasons, we’ve won 3 premierships (2016/17, 2017/18, 2019/20) and 2 championships (2017, 2019).

You could split it on saying the championships whats better so Roar are leading, or you could say if the measure is continued success, we won trophies every season whereas Roar missed out in the 2012/13 season.

My initial comment then was wrong and a bit of sky blue goggles. If we dont win the championship Roar probably a bit ahead but if we win the championship then its pretty clear.

Brisbane finished 5th in 12/13. The lowest we have ever finished in the last four years is 2nd. Melbourne won the Championship from 4th in 2018 so you could argue the tie breaker is the Premiership as it measures the entire seasons worth.

Right you are. I always forget that Mulvey won that one given how poor what followed was.

This. Winning the “Championship” is more fun as you always do it on the pitch in an everything-at-stake match, but if you’re measuring continued excellence, the Premiership is a better gauge.

1 Like

Going back to 2014-15 when Arnold took over, including the season we missed the finals, we’ve won 60%, drawn 22% and lost 18%, scoring 1.89 points per game and conceding 0.97.

Over 157 games we’ve picked up 317 points at an average of more than two points per game across six seasons.

Only four other teams (06/07 Melbourne, 10/11 Brisbane, 12/13 Western Sydney, 18/19 Perth) have ever managed to achieve more than two points per game for a single season, and nobody else has ever achieved more than two points per game across even two seasons. We’ve done it for six.

11 Likes