Round 10 - Brisbane vs Sydney FC - 6/03/21

I think that’s why he’s a dickhead…

I do remember he essentially have up towards then end. Refused to track back and couldn’t have given a crap what was happening on the pitch. He was more interested in his clothing brand

Brosque needs to start, Carney (or even Hološko) over Kisel is a no-brainier.

3 Likes

Emmo has been training the house down just quietly. Rumour has it Frankie will give him another run soon. Didn’t hear it from me

1 Like

Back issues all sorted?

Oh yeah, Anthony Crea is on the case

1 Like

No chance for me. Colosimo second season with us when we won the league was an absolute beast. Jordy was great, but Colosimo/Keller that season were brick walls.

Colosimo was also MoM in our Glorious GF win that season down south. Gowser is a decent shout but I’d still go with Colosimo.

5 Likes

Needs more Brosque as AM instead of Yorke, with Bobo up front.

2 Likes

I think Colosimo is one of the most underrated players that we have had and agreed, he was an absolute beast.
He and Wilko are streets ahead of any other CB we’ve had.
He was also responsible for the tackle that put Archie out of the 2010 GF which alone should be worthy of a knighthood.

3 Likes

Vukovic
Grant Wilkinson Colosimo Byun
O’Neill Brillante
Holosko Ninko
ALF Brosque

Bench: Redmayne, Bosschaart, Carney, McFynn, Adrian ADP, Bobo

Controversial exclusions are Bolton, Yorke, Kisel, Janko (big call to not select the big man), M1los

Pretty confident this can get us a frustrating 0-all draw with Roar on Saturday

It’s a tough crowd when this isn’t enough to get you in the line up.

10 Likes

Well we’re a pretty great fn club.

Pretty harsh on 1 that someone comes along straight after, in a similar position, from the same country, with the same name, who has been at least as good, and is doing it at headline standard for the 6th season in a row now.

1 Like

Brattan over Brilliante. He’s more consistent.

There’s been far less complaints, if any, on these boards over Brattan going missing or having brain explosions than Brilliante, who seemed to do it every third game or so.

2 Likes

We all should give eternal thanks to Milos1… not just for the great performances he gave us but mainly for being instrumental in Milos2 coming to Sydney FC.

6 Likes

M1los was more of an #8 whereas Milo2 is a #10. Both can easily slot in together in the 4-2-4 formation.

Damn I miss the Serbney, or as they were otherwise known, refer a friend days.
Petkovic, Dimitrijevic, Ninkovic & Despotovic which led to Holosko & Bobo. What a period of recruitment that was.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get it’s not 100% the same. However if they have to be in the same side, 1 doesn’t have the physical qualities to be DM, so it’s one of the other spots. For those he doesn’t have the level of 2 nor the thrust of an Adrian. It’s tough for sure but that’s how it is. FWIW, 1 might have worked quite well with the Kosta-Trent partnership as he had more of a longer pass game than 2, who tends to keep it neat and short.

Yeah look theres a strong argument on ONeill/Dimitrijevic but O’Neill/Brillante seemed pretty iconic over our success which is why I went for them.

Then theres always the conundrum of one incredible season vs a few very good seasons

This thread perfectly encapsulates how much feeling there really is in the ZOMG ORIGIN rivalry.

2 Likes

Also how enthused we are about the current season, with the “Upcoming match” thread being a trip down memory lane, and the “Last match” thread having devolved into discussions of short extraction coffee.

6 Likes

I gotta agree, notwithstanding Joshy was a beast as a pure destroyer and a vital cog in our most dominant years, those cheap turnovers did my head in.

I really didn’t want Brattan as I thought we’d lose too much defensively, based on memories of him poncing back without care for City. But he won me over within about 4 games because he’s also been a beast without the ball, and for the 1-2% we lose there with Joshy being a slightly superior ball winner, we gain about 15-20% with Brattan’s ability on the ball.

That we paid him less than City paid Brillante last year, and that he was an upgrade, is probably our best bit of recruitment since the phone-a-friend days.

4 Likes

we never did figure out what to call a ristretto latte…