Round 11 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 4/1/19

I knew one of these hacks would get stuck into Siem

I’m amazed Simon felt that was even worthy of complaining about and thus getting a card for it. I think they’re trying to throw this away.

We do not look like a team with a man advantage and with the better players we have. De Jong is the only one taking advantage of gaps in the defence or looking to spread the ball wide. Otherwise we keep trying to loop balls over the top to no one or put in rubbish crosses.

would have been nice to see Montgomery put one on his chin

Yep. The ball speed and direction of most of our passing is absolutely pathetic. So easy for the Mariners to just sit there and soak up pressure. We won’t even be scoring on this present course. Just about everyone is having a stinker as well. Simple, clear passes going astray. A goalkeeper who failed at one of the more basic goalkeeping principles: make yourself big, not small.

I still get the feeling the team will lift and somehow get out of this but this first half is a whole load of stink.

Hybrid’s stream of consciousness:

1 - amazed at how many dumb cunts coming to our games still tap on and tap off

2 - metal detectors can get fucked, my hip flask is pewter you bastards

3 - having polished that and visited a Kogarah bar for the first time, no cider at the Cove end? GGF

4 - man crush developing for Calver. He’s the new Rhyan Grant, get into it

5 - of course CCM lift against us. Shithouse slow start, hopefully Cisse’s brain fade means we’ll run them down in the second half. Bit like the derby though, equaliser before half time would’ve been grand

2 Likes

Just didnt play smart enough…still communication problems in centralD.Not enough movement off the ball.

Probably the worst 45mins this season considering the 24mins with an extra man.

3-1 home win

Agreed, Hybrid. Calver’s pre-match joke about the CBs needing hockey shinpads because of Matt Simon was awesome.

Redmayne needs to fuck right off. You don’t get beaten at your near post like that.

He ain’t no Vuka but he did save our arses just 6 days ago. We’ve created enough to be in front.

He didn’t even get beaten at his near post. If he didn’t go to ground he would have most likely blocked the shot with his body. The shot pretty much went right over him.

Quality!!

Brosquey… what a finish!

Damn Brosquey … DAMN!

Well I can enjoy the game now

Boom! That escalated quickly

woot

Brosquiño!

Surely we won’t fuck it up from here