Round 11 - Sydney FC vs CCM - 4/1/19

Great night. Fresh from the misery front:

1 - Tratt was garbage. He didn’t even score :wink:

2 - Albino messiah? REALLY?

3 - three bogan trash shitcunts in SFC merch tried to steal our club’s own membership marquee from outside the stadium. They got it to Carlton station before a copper went over and took it back off them. Hang your fucking heads boys.

Peeps at the ground, was that a straight red for Cisse or 2nd yellow?

Second yellow.

2nd yellow.

second yellow, he got the first for kicking the ball away earlier

Also another positive I wanted to mention: there’s been no noticeable drop off in crowds. If anything, I’d say crowds are slightly up for us on last season. The experience on the sidelines is far better in my opinion, even if the sightlines aren’t.

1 Like

I’m 20 beers in right now but fuck me did we in the cove sound good in that second half. Went for some beers and old mate behind the counter couldn’t even hear my order.

2 Likes

Yeah the Cove was loud and fun. Some good spontaneous chants tonight.
Has a visiting player ever received as warm an ovation from the usually boo-happy Sydney crowd as the Wizard there?

I think our crowds in the last couple of seasons were actually down a bit because we’d have first place wrapped up so comfortably that there was so little at stake in many of the games.

Does Ninko have sponsorship from a shampoo product? His hair is amazing, as is his football.

3 Likes

This holiday period is actually good for crowds - last season we had that excellent attendance for the cracking game vs Jets where Ninko got that GOAT goal.
I can’t remember the exact number but it was close to 20k I think. But it was also 1st vs 2nd.

Bahahaha! #14 Quickest to react from his saved header, then scores one of his best ever with that quality chip.

Another record for SFC. LeFondre the fastest in A-League history to 10 goals. Boom!

All our goals scored last night were by players with first names starting with ‘A’.

Is this another SFC record?

2 Likes

I was wondering if we ever played so many players with A in their name. Two Alexs, an Aaron, an Adam and an Andrew.

I might tweet Andrew Howe about it later. He loves those weird ones.

Cheers. From the coverage you only seem to see him pull out the red.

Great second half, really starting to show the killer edge we have with Siem. Very happy for Brosquey to net his first hat-trick - quite amazing considering all those braces he didn’t get one sooner.

As much as I enjoyed everything from the red card onwards I think we should be rightly worried about our poor first half.

Also that Millar guy is a fucking gun, won’t last till the end of January at CCM.

1 Like

First half was a shocker, but the second was fantastic. Can’t decide what’s most satisfying Brosquey’s chip or Calver getting amongst it.

Also, liking what I’ve seen from Ivanovic so far.

2 Likes
  • Alex Brosque is amazing. For what he has been asked to do in the absence if Trent he has stepped up.
  • Amused at Melling attempting to shit talk Alfie even several minutes after the penalty. Give it up son.
  • These slow starts whilst a Sydney FC feature are downright baffling.
  • That Millar is bloody good for Mariners, let’s steal him & then never ever give him a full game. :smiley:
  • Cisse should be given an exercise bike & made to watch the whole team train until he gets the hint & leaves on his own. Idiotic.
2 Likes