Round 12 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 9/1/19

I really miss having a goalkeeper who knows how to speak to his defence, give instruction and give them confidence. Redmayne does none of that.

Perth had a less turnaround so I’m not buying this fatigue BS. We have been lucky and average the majority of the year besides that let game against Perth.

Even more pathetic we’ve gone down 3 zip

Konk, I’m no expert on keeping, I agree that s two times its looked like the shot it straight at his body and they both ended up being goals…

Just saw the replays and yeah looks like Redmayne moves out of the balls way. A keeper who loves to play dodgeball… genius!!

Neither am I but it seems like any shot on target with some power is going to find its way into the net. Just looking at the replay for Santalab’s goal, he could’ve just stood his ground and he would have either blocked it or got some kind of body on the ball. I get he may of been trying to cover his near post which is what they’re taught to do but fark me it looks bad.

I mean, it’s no secret he’s not a great keeper…

Look, I’m never gonna suck Redmayne off given the faint stench of Blacktown on him, but you’re reaching to hang shit on him for any of those three. He’s tried to make himself big, if it hits his arm we’re saying it’s a good save. That’s 1 million percent on Retre & Brillante.

True, but across the board it shows how much mileage Arnie was getting out of these types of players (e.g. Zullo) and the benchmark has been set higher because we’ve seen what the core of this group is capable of.

It’s all going to plan, innit? No change to anything, let them know how to attack us and how to defend us, then exploit a stupid red card to the opposition to kick start a come back.

2 Likes

The problems are definitely in front of Redmayne and no denying thats where the blame is, but a little something I’ve seen creep into Redmayne’s game lately.

I’d also be hanging shit on Zullo, too many poor decisions and not doing enough down the left flank.

That and 4-3 will bring us to a 7+ goal game where we are most likely to win. Perfect.

2 Likes

Not really surprised by this result it had to happen Corica has tried to maintain the status quo but the dints are showing some poor recruiting and not able to get that extra 5% required needed for consistency.

How do you not make any changes when you go in 3 down at the break?

This was a weakness of Arnie’s and Corica has shown the same unwillingness to make necessary changes.

An unchanged line-up in this game was just dumb. Too tired, too slow.

This was always going to be a tough game - flying all the way to a revitalised Perth team in midweek, even if the last game was on Friday. We have to back up on Sunday, as well. The way the team has capitulated is disappointing, but it would’ve been a miracle if we won all three games in this little period. We have to make sure we’re ready for Adelaide but again that’s going to be tough after their good result tonight.

Just to go back to this, I wonder if Warland coming in as the left CB would help that, with his dominant foot being the one closest to the gap being exploited.

A change for change’s sake is no good either. What does SC do, bring Tratt on for Retre at HT? Do that and we’re fucked later if one of the back 4 go down.

We probably need some DDS soon, question is if it’s for Milos, SdJ or Brosque. Should happen in the next 5 minutes.

Not sure that in itself will help much. Isn’t Jop left-footed?

If the lads can’t handle 2 games in 5 days questions need to be asked about squad fitness.