Round 13 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 13/1/19

Yeah SDJ! What a great free kick. I could’ve sworn he was going up and over.

I take back everything, love De Jong!

This game has devolved massively.

You can say that again, but Adelaide need to force the pace and they haven’t come close so far to breaking us down. Its a marked improvement defensively from us so far. Hopefully we can keep our concentration and get a clean sheet, which there hasn’t been many of for us recently.

In regards to the changes, one thing is for sure, the SdJ song is probably our best ever. :joy: Up there with Ibini.

De Jong’s goal can be found here:

I was planning to rewatch this game tomorrow but bloody hell I’m not sure I can sit through that again. Such a poor half of football all up. Two sides determined to just foul each other in midfield.

Tratt has done well.

1 Like

Our offensive organisation is seriously lacking, though. Perhaps understandable, as I think we’ve changed our tactics slightly for this game. The three AMs are often way too close to each other, though. They really need to spread out and give each other a chance to do what they do best. It will then make it a lot harder for Adelaide to just crowd the middle as they’re often good at doing and harder to take the three of them out of play.

Also, the referee is severely frustrating. He loves to blow his whistle and its certainly not helped the flow of the game, either.

Looked like a foul to me, ninko has his foot on the ball playing it with the outside of the boot.

Also not related to the game necessarily, but there seems to be a weird sleepiness to our Sunday games in the stands. I know they’ve never been great for us but there’s just noticeably less participation from around the ground in chants etc.

Yeah, Kurz will have a cry about it because he’s a raving lunatic, but the days of the “ball and all” tackle are long gone. Even if they win the ball, it’s from behind and Ninko gets taken as well, that’s a foul all day long in the modern game.

Izzo still cannot set a wall.

Ahh memories.

Also why are Adelaide leave wearing white?

Fucks sake

Cos red clashes with blue duh

1 Like

Frustrating

Tratt!

And not smart from Calver. Seems so susceptible to a brain fade early in a half. They in no way deserved to score up to that point.

I am sick of seeing Bruce Grobelar. Has everyone forgotten the match fixing.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there something at the World Cup where colour blind people complained about a red v blue game and only being able to see green or something?

Penalty so unnecessary, Blackwood couldn’t score in a brothel.