Round 14 - Newcastle vs Sydney - 10/1/20

Newcastle have lost their coach so who even knows what sort of team will come up against us?

There’s trackwork between Wyong and Gosford, meaning that public transport is going to be pretty much an impossible option. More info here:

• Buses replace trains between Wyong and Gosford. Express buses also run between Wyong and Hornsby.
  • Trains run to a changed timetable between Newcastle Interchange and Wyong, and between Gosford and Central via Strathfield. Some trains leave Gosford 10 minutes earlier than the normal timetable.
  • Trains between Gosford and the City via the T1 North Shore Line run to a reduced frequency.
1 Like

Whenever a coach gets sacked, the team always lifts. That can only mean one thing:

7 Likes

So that’s where my missing breadstick got to.

3 Likes

Ordinarily I’d agree but Newcastle are an absolute shit show and there will be no new manager bounce.
This could be embarrassing for them.

What monster have I created :joy:

4 Likes

DESTRUCTION IN THE PEACH!

5 Likes

Riley McGree levels of Cambodian peach destruction

4 Likes

that poor peach looks like it has already been baguetted a few times…

2 Likes

Looks like Friday’s game has been postponed!

I presume this will see Bratten miss the victory game

Grant too… but at least there’s a chance of PT to any rescheduled Newy game. :man_shrugging:

Victory will be happy that they get to play us without two of our best players :rage:

The link doesn’t work and I can’t find anything on the internet about the postponed games.

Is your source accurate?

As accurate as a Fox Sports post on FB is

Try this one

A Newcastle Jets A-League and W-League double-header on Friday night will be postponed in response to anticipated hazardous air quality.

The W-League match between Newcastle and Adelaide United was scheduled to take place at Newcastle’s McDonald Jones Stadium at 5.00pm on Friday January 10, but has now been postponed to an as-yet undecided date.

That match had been scheduled to be followed by an A-League clash between last-placed Newcastle and ladder-leaders Sydney FC.

That match has also been called off following a FFA meeting on Wednesday night.

The a league game has not been officially called off as yet, a decision will be made tomorrow

Given how bad Friday is forecast to be, I can see them cancelling.

Put the baguettes away… and fold the club for good measure

Assuming the game goes ahead, Ninkovic should be back:

So I presume we would play with a Retre and Caceres midfield then.

2 weeks off before the Aus weekend game is pretty shit.

Might reschedule the game to next week? Still shit that we lose Brattan for Victory now.