Round 14 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle - 19/1/19

He would’ve got to it, but would probably have hit it wide or straight into Moss.

Beat me to it , he’s gotta be top og scorer in a league history

I’ll take that half. Looking like the better team most of the half, just showing weakness down the right. DDS has been very good and we should be looking to start him every week.

I think O’Neill has really stepped up this game to show leadership in the centre of the park. As the half wore on he was more and more regularly covering for Calver and that helped a lot.

1 Like

We’re really going to miss O’Neill when an overseas club inevitably moves in for him.

2 Likes

I guess he’s just a bit slower as a result of having to lug that package around.

de Jong song >>>>>>> Ibini song. We have a new peak.

De Jong is clearly not a left-sided player but he was positioned way too close to the touchline. Despite a fairly lax half, he probably should’ve had an assist but Brosque’s shot couldn’t get past the defenders.

Brosque and O’Neill have been fantastic. I enjoyed the start of the game as well where we looked slick and nimble. Plenty of good signs.

I’m a few beers in but Caceres has looked good. Won’t be at all upset if Joshy rides the pine for a bit.

Calver is gonna get himself sent off. I can feel it.

The odds would be very short

Yeah we may as well start a thread now preparing for the next game with Tratt out injured and Calver out suspended.

Now that was a great tackle by Calver

1 Like

Someone needs to put their foot on the ball and start dictating the play. De Jong has been mostly dire today.

Jet have been pressing us much more this half and it’s really restricting us.

That was for kicking out yeah?

That red didnt seem to be for anything

Surely the VAR should have asked the ref to have another look at that one.

There’s the slightest little movement towards O’Neill on the replay. He’s rolling over anyway and then moves his foot about an inch further than it naturally would have. If that’s violent conduct then every time a player puts their hand on another they should be sent off.

Well he did do something there, but it was so light hearted and soft that there’s no way a red is warranted. But I think the rules fall down hard against any retaliation.

Should have been a yellow at absolute most but wouldn’t be surprised if the Match Review Panel let Hoffman play in the next game.

Strange send off, didn’t look like much and O’Neill didn’t even react.