Round 15 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/1/19

Think Siem could be the difference this time around. A fit de Jong could cause Durante/Taylor a lot more problems. Reckon we’d give Wilko a rest? 34 years old, might also be a good chance to give both Magic Hat Warland and Calver a chance.

With Tratt out as well? No chance.

Game day - it feels so weird.

I’m thinking 2-1 loss with Krishna finding us out again.

2-2 with a Durante red card. The early kick off will be a bit strange.

Last time we played Wullengtin, Krishna scored a brace using a simple trick, they played long diagonal balls from deep left midfield to Krishna who positioned himself next to Zullo.

We will need to sit deeper in a 4-4-2 formation if we want to nullify this tactic.

Wednesday 5:30 seems the weirdest kickoff time ever. I wont even be home from work yet and A-League football always feels like that nice end of week relaxing.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll be watching this game at work, I guess?

What the hell is the point of this time? Who is still on holidays? This is a terrible slot even for Fox.

Good time if you’re in Wellington.

2 Likes

Do they ever make Wellington play much later? Surely you couldn’t push it back more than 30mins without it being too late over there.

Kick-off time makes sense to me.

University students are still on holidays. :grinning:

Part of me is pretty optimistic for tonight. My hope is we set up strong like we did against Perth in December - preferably without needing Redmayne to save our butts - and hit them on the counter.

Other part knows that Zullo will be easily found out by Krishna again, as well Retre at RB.

Yeah theres a part of me tempted to say put Warland at LB as someone more defensive to deal with Krishna but our attack with be stunted if so

Warland at LCB would probably help as he is quicker than Wilkinson, the only other person likely to be in that slot. I’d be happy with that decision from Corica.

Wilko/Warland CB pairing. Calver at RB. Caceres starts in place of DDS as part of a 4-2-3-1 (I assume) . Weird line up, let’s see how it works in practice.

Edit: Here is the Nux line-up. A couple of changes with Singh on the bench and Burns starting:

Away win.

1 Like

2-0 to Welly. Expecting us to play extremely conservatively and invite Krishna to extend his goalscoring run.

Welly’s unbeaten run has to end somewhere. They’re well-organised and confident but not THAT good. Come on Sydney!

We dominated that coin toss

Bogan derby on after

Nah South-West Sydney haven’t joined yet.