Round 17 - 2019/20

That one was pretty clear imo, a bit similar to the Grant one against City. No intent but still reckless and over the ball, possible leg breaker on Bill’s cousin. Ref had issued a yellow but no problem with it being upgraded after VAR told him to look again.

The funny part is just that it was Delbridge perfectly living up to the old cliche “first touch so bad his second touch is a tackle”.

1 Like

He’s not ‘becoming’ though. He was abysmal last season when they picked him up around this time. He just had a pre season to look better in City’s set up, but all those old woes are still there.

I’ve only caught a bit of the game, but did they concede 3 goals from corners whilst having 3 cbs on the field?

Adelaide. Fine town.

When City lost a man they sat back and Adelaide dominated. When Rhyan Grant got red carded we came back from a goal down to win 2-1.

It would be good if Adam Papalia had a passport allowing him to travel to the east coast occasionally.

1 Like

The swede scores.

Perth AND City are really both going to lose this weekend ay?

Perth are kicking the shit out of Toivonen, evening the score for us from last week. Thanks Perth!

Melbourne making the title all the easier for us. Thanks Melbourne!

Edit: I’m drunk, I regret this post.

2 Likes

D’Agostino with the late equaliser

We hit 40 points before anyone else even hit 30

2 Likes

We will have the outright lead on Premiers plates (4) and plates + toilet seats (8) barring a very unlikely series of events. Australia’s football team.

edit: Also noticed we have the most top two finishes (6).

We don’t really have a challenger, beyond daylight to the pretenders fighting for second.

I know they ground out the win in Ibaraki and all, but wasn’t one of the reasons Kurz was arsed because they were too defensive and not playing “the Victory way” and all? Not much of an improvement in that regard under Salvachua yet, and not sure it’s entirely due to the bodies available (go go gadget neck was out tonight and they were short at the back without Broxham, Hoogland still to return too). I can still see them playing that same back 3/5 system a bit and continuing to rotate, meaning they’ll probably just fail on two fronts.

They mentioned in the commentary on Friday night that Bratten had said earlier in the week when asked who’d win between the current Sydney team and Roarcelona, he thought Sydney would “give them a bath”.

Slatter scoffed at the suggestion and said he would have just been saying that because he’s in the Sydney dressing room now. I’m not so sure. Roarcelona were good, and played relatively pretty football. But they didn’t lead the comp like this. And they didn’t lead it like this for three out of four seasons.

2 Likes

Anyone still holding onto the fantasy that that Roar team is better than this Sydney team is unhinged.

There are probably some NSL sides that could make a case for greatest ever Australian club side, but in the A-League era there’s not even a discussion to be had.

Remember when Wanderers fans used to travel?

I think an eleven man Sydney team could beat a twenty two man team consisting of all the players in this game.

I was just about to say something like that. Muller - Yeboah - Duke is the saddest front line i can remember for a long time.

Mrdja - Kwasnik esque

Only managed to score from that absolute cock up by Clicby.

Do professional footballer not practice hitting balls into a goal?