Round 17 - Sydney FC vs Perth - 7/4/21

1 Like

Cheers for that. Pub first, then poncho time!

1 Like

Itā€™s not actually raining here at the stadium at the moment, for what thatā€™s worth.

Now 7:50 KO. Apparently they can only come out 30 minutes after the last lightning strike

1 Like

they have gone overboard with this stuff imoā€¦feels like more games have been delayed or postponed in the past 2 years than the past 10 combined.

Just the announcement you want to hear as you take your seat :weary:

I just want to go home and sleep.

Audible groan from me when we see 5 minutes of extra time at the 90

just started pissing downā€¦guess if thereā€™s a single flash weā€™ll have an 8:50 kick off?

1 Like

The new stadium has a functional roof, yeah?

Got bored, so posted this.

1 Like

You never want to see any professional suffer a serious injury.

Unless itā€™s Archie.

In a grand final.

In front of the away end.

2 Likes

So the players go back into the sheds because they might be struck by lightning but the crowd keeps sitting in the stands until it is safe for the players to come back.

So Hof got half an hour or so against MV. Not even on the bench today. What the fuck?

Well no, they go back in the sheds because they need to time their warmups with the start of the game. The lightning rules are that the game is that if lightning strikes within 9km (or 10 depending on which rules you read), the game is delayed till 30 mins after the last strike, if its determined that there is a risk to stadium patrons, the stadium implements its PLP or predetermined lightning plan, basically a stadium evacuation.

Fmd Retre just grinds my gearsā€¦

Heā€™s being rested because of back tightness.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up.

Ditto re Jubal

Retre got away with one there. Really daft challenge.

we are so dicey