Round 18 - Brisbane vs Sydney FC - 8/2/18

Did he seriously say that? That is very disappointing, and concerning. The playing group should be absolutely filthy with how they played. Even the normally almost-bulletproof reliable players like Ninkovic, O’Neill and Grant were utter shit tonight. There wasn’t a single good one on our side. Only Gucci was decent.

Also a bit concerned about Le Fondre. In the last 3 or 4 games he just hasn’t been himself. Its not simply the reduction of goal return but he just doesn’t seem to be getting involved nearly as much as he was before. Whether its poor service or not getting in the right positions to get involved, I’m not sure. But it is something that should not be ignored and needs to be rectified pronto.

Everyone was trying to be to pretty and instead of finishing off the match, play this beautiful football. All well and good if you get the win but when you don’t…

Sure, but he seems to do it every week. There are so many times where he passes up quality shooting chances, it’s baffling.

Makes me miss Arnie’s percentages.

lol they are media trained, he isn’t going to say what he’s really thinking. It doesn’t work like that when you’re a professional player.

If he started pointing fingers and saying how bad he/everyone else played we would be complaining about how the team might be in meltdown.

Heard plenty of players elsewhere say that their performance wasn’t good enough and they have to do better. That’s surely not hard to say. No fingers need to be pointed. The team needs to be collectively accountable and not just hiding behind a throwaway line. As others have pointed out, we’ve been a bit lucky earlier in the season as teams have simply ended up being slightly more shitty than us. Not tonight.

I miss Arnie. Can we have him back already

I blame all those claiming we would win 5-0.

I’m honestly happy to be sitting where we are given the coaching changes as well as the injuries and lineup changes forced upon the team so far this year. Winning games like this should be expected based on the last couple of seasons but this isn’t the last couple of seasons.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The premiers plate would be great but I really just wanna win the GF this year. And that is still entirely possible with this team. They can only get stronger and better by seasons end.

5 Likes

Fixed ffs

I agree with most of this, but for being more pessimistic about our chances of winning the GF. Results like this make me question Corica’s ability as a motivator. Winning an away semi-final against a superior team, and doing the same thing in a GF (essentially Victory’s path last year) relies on being able to rise to the occasion and fire up.

Kevin Muscat is a **** - but it’s pretty clear he is excellent at motivating his team. Sadly, I don’t think Corica has shown that he has that skill. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

1 Like

MOTM voting:

Muscat was being booed by his own fans for large portions of last season.
They literally won the ring due to a couple of freak games.

2 Likes

complacent and lazy … we deserve that. Hopefully will tip Corica to bench Brillante

1 Like

Unbelievable. Complete dogshit.

There was only 1 team trying to play football tonight and amazingly it was Brisbane.

We played like an O35s park team with a hangover.

Only Le Fondre & Gooch showed any spark. Le Fondre made so many great runs into space which were completely ignored he eventually got the shits.

Glad we lost. A win or draw playing like that would have been criminal. They all need a kick up the arse.

How do you vote, but also vote for nobody?

I gave all 6 to Reza. Everyone else looked like they wanted to be at the pub.

Yes, why did Corica not write “complacency” on the whiteboard all week to drum in that danger. We played some beautiful football but the attempts on goal all looked the work of over-fed lunchers who just couldn’t find any more hunger for goals. Reza looked great for a first start and Brosque made a difference. I don’t think we can be critical of Alf, the balls in to him were either too slow or too long.

Despite his goal, I really hope not to see da Silva play for us again. I was very excited about him joining us but he really is just a show pony who should be doing clever tricks with the ball for Youtube. Reminds me of Kalik’s sense of self-indulgement. And I don’t think Caceres has the end product to contribute enough. We really are only half the team we were with Adrian. Maybe if Siem does get properly fit AND finds some hunger and commitment to match his technique and vision, we will do well - or Brosque does his inverted RW thing. Otherwise our MF has a big weakness on the right.

Indeed. My point is that when you have a manager who can really lift his players’ desire, those freak results are more likely.

At the moment, it doesn’t seem like Stevie is that kind of manager (yet).

Lets take the positives.

First and foremost NW sydneee are 9th and after the Wizzards hat trick tomorrow,they will stay there and be just a solitary point away from the best season ever(from the FC supporters point of view).

2nd, Reza showed enough of his class to indicate he will win matches.

Finally,its better than losing to the Tards.

The lack of finishing and defensive looseness,in midfield and at the back need an overhall.There are enough quality players to have a good run into the finals.The chase for the plate may be important to some but the ultimate is being CHAMPIONS.

A loss against a poorly placed team has been coming,Roar were down as far as they could have been but they showed heart,I hope FC players can learn something from that.