Round 18 - Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC - 7/3/20

Surely with only 2 days rest we can’t expect a win? The starting players all looked so tired the last couple of games, I don’t think they’re all of sudden gonna be feeling great after a few days. Losing O’Neill and Teague and then injuries to Zullo, Zuvela and Ivanovic are making this pretty tough on the squad.

1 Like

We’ve got this in the bag. As a great man once said Sydney FC for me!

1 Like

Game day! Fire up!

Enjoy the game everyone down there.

2 Likes

Match preview is up - the Le Fondre stats are a nice little touch - he could go clear in the Melbourne Skelpers list:

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/03/07/preview-melbourne-vs-sydney-fc-7-03-2020/

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 19 (36.5%)

Draws: 17 (32.7%)

Losses: 16 (30.8%)

Sydney FC record at Docklands Stadium

Wins: 7 (41.2%)

Draws: 4 (23.5%)

Losses: 6 (35.3%)

Last 5 Matches

24/01/20 – Melbourne 0 – 3 Sydney FC

17/11/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Melbourne

12/05/19 – Sydney FC 6 – 1 Melbourne

6/04/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Melbourne

26/01/19 – Melbourne 2 – 1 Sydney FC

Records

Biggest Win – 5 goals (2 games):

26/01/14 – Melbourne 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 5 goals:

16/10/05 – Melbourne 5 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 7 goals:

Most Appearances vs Melbourne – Alex Brosque (31)

Most Goals vs Melbourne – Adam Le Fondre*, Alex Brosque, Mark Bridge, David Carney (5)

Key Statistics

• The last clash between these two teams at Docklands Stadium was the first round of the 2017-18 season. Sydney FC won 1-0 thanks to a Thomas Deng own goal.
  • Adam Le Fondre is on 15 A-League goals this season, just 1 short of his total from last season. If he scores in this game not only would he match his goal tally from last season, but he would also become the highest ever goalscorer against Melbourne for Sydney. Le Fondre has scored 4 goals in the last 3 outings against Melbourne.
  • This game will be Alex Wilkinson ’s 125th game for the club, putting him equal with David Carney in 7th place on the all time appearances chart for Sydney FC. Wilkinson currently has 101 A-League games, 11 FFA Cup games and 12 Champions League games for Sydney.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

Not sure how Retre starts ahead of caceras but anyway.

Caceres is a great impact sub. Retre is more versatile but less capable of changing games.

Different roles.

Caceres isn’t a DM. He filled in when Retre was suspended, but that’s it. Probably just highlights that perhaps we do need to look for an O’Neill replacement. I like Retre, and I know Corica has come and said that the Club won’t be signing a replacement.

Caceres will come on for Ninko or ABJ.

Maybe Bimbi is waiting for Zuvela’s return. Any ideas when that will be?

Nailed on to be the latter due to their comparative form and workloads.

Line-up is out. No ABJ with Caceres and Retre both starting. Kosta also makes a return to the Xi

ABJ rested is not surprising, particularly with Caceres looking good in his bench cameo.

Hopefully we see a reaction tonight. We haven’t had a properly good performance since the last time we played these guys.

This going to be televised?

Just problems in the Fox studios so no pre game.

I’m going to be the one to point out the Round number in the thread title is wrong.

That’s unreal

1 Like

I’m so lost with these split rounds. We’ve played 17 games so I’m just going to call it 18 damn it.

1 Like

On the contrary, this is a blessing. We don’t have to listen to Thompson wank on for 45 minutes before the game.

2 Likes

Come on you boys in blue

Is everyone else’s Kayo stream really strange? the commentator sounds drunk

We are Sydney louder than Stand By Me lol

4 Likes