Round 2 - 2019-20 Discussion - Matt Simon is back!

Jurman is going to save wests from being spanked this season.

Goal machine Meier misses the target from 2m out.

This game has 4 v 5 written all over it

Managed to get the stream by going to Macquarie Sports Radio home page and going from there.

1 Like

Note to FoxSports; Archie isn’t the brightest spark, prep him with exactly what you need him to ask before you send him out for the half time interviews.

Sen is broadcasting it also

Haha fuck off

Ooft. Mo Adam was 1,000,000% trying to pass to Duke there, but great strike from the younger of the Baccus thugs.

He didn’t miss that one.

Really need victory to come back with 2 goals to finish a draw.

Loool

The hilarity of Victory getting spanked is really diminished by Wests being the ones doing it to them.

1 Like

Meier will score a load this year. Looks quite unfit but still finding himself in the right positions.

20 minutes for Wests to shit the bed.

So what was Jurman trying to argue with the ref about? It was a clear hand ball.

1 Like

Yeah. Hate wishing victory to score, but 2-2 would be great here.

I presume he was arguing intent, which is fair, I’d never have given that myself due to the old distance / unexpected ball guidance. But it seems we’ve done away with that test and it’s now just “arm out = penalty”… as long as it’s consistent, which it has been so far this HAL season, then fine. I look fwd to future CB’s having voluntary amputations.

1 Like

Nabbout seems to have gone backwards in his development

I’ve always said that penalty should have always been given, new rules or not.

1. Did the ball hit the arm? Yes.
  2. Did they gain an unfair advantage from the ball hitting the arm? Yes.

Penalty.

1 Like

Archie Thompson has a very poor grasp of the English language.

1 Like

I believe handball = penalty is a new FIFA rule, regardless of intent, even if you had your back to the ball.

Fair enough, removing the various referee interpretations will only lead to more consistency, so defenders will learn real quick to keep their arms down at all times in the box.

This is still pretty open for the final minutes of a possible away win. We’ll destroy them in midfield next week.