Round 20 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 10/3/24

Sydney FC Men’s Squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4. Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 8. Jake GIRDWOOD-REICH, 9. Fabio GOMES, 10. Joe LOLLEY, 11. Robert MAK, 12. Corey HOLLMAN, 15. Gabriel LACERDA, 16. Joel KING, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Matthew SCARCELLA, 19. Mitch GLASSON, 20. Adam PAVLESIC (GK), 21. Zac DE JESUS, 22. Max BURGESS, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 25. Jaiden KUCHARSKI, 26. Luke BRATTAN ©, 27. Hayden MATTHEWS, 28. Nathan AMANATIDIS.

(Two to be omitted)

Ins: 21. Zac DE JESUS (promoted), 26. Luke BRATTAN © (return from suspension).

Outs: None

Unavailable: 3. Aaron GURD (injured), 6. Jack RODWELL (illness), 13. Pat WOOD (injured), 24. Wataru KAMIJO (injured), 29. Joe LACEY (injured), 30. Gus HOEFSLOOT (injured).

Rodwell is fit, yet unavailable

I hope Uffy has basically said to him your time at this clubs over.

If he gets another contract anywhere in the world… It would just be insane

Seems like the case, and rightly so as our backline have been doing pretty well and getting great experience at the same time. If there were still 10-15 games left in the season I’d say we could make room for Rodwell but it’s too late now.

“Jack Rodwell was aiming to be back for this match but has come down with a batch of illness and will miss out this week.” Guy is cursed…

Definitely injury cursed. If you have been out for so long and now it’s just sickness keeping you out, I’d be like “ I’m alright boss, throw me in”. Unless it’s really serious of course

Or he has covid and wants to play but isn’t allowed

1 Like

Uffy: Great to see you’re fit again. I’ll put you in the squad for this weekend

Rodwell: That’s great boss! Really keen!

(Rodwell goes home and buy a Bondi Burger meal from Oporto to celebrate)

(Next day…Rodwell sitting on the bog, calls Uffy)

Rodwell: Uhhh, hey boss. Ummm…so I’m kinda not going to make this weekend…

Uffy:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fair enough if that’s the case

That would never happen at Oporto. Silvas maybe.

1 Like

Last time I got gastro, was courtesy of a Bondi Burger meal from Oporto.

Say goodbye to the fresh grass. Tahs on tonight.

“Batch of illness” seems weirdly nonspecific to me and definitely wouldn’t fly at my work. Sorry boss, I’m not in today. I have a batch. Yeah, illness I’m afraid. Might be a week.

Well its your own fault really. Their own jingle tells you what you can expect. “Just gotta go, Oporto”!

4 Likes

I think Uffie will bench Brattan, surely cant just walk back into the starting 11 and send Burgess back to the bench after last weeks performance

I’d say Burgess or Hollman will sit out. Probably Burgess. Caceres has become a pretty key component of the high press.

Id bench Burgess

Brisbane bleed maroon
They see us as their rivals
It is quite funny

I can’t go this week but have found a friend to take our tickets. Is there the after game pitch thing for fans this week?

Same XI as last week. :+1:

Brattan (and Quintal!) on the bench.

2 Likes