Round 21 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 1/3/19

Yay Devlin

1 Like

About time. Ivanovic and Devlin on together. Our 2 brightest young hopes imho. Big fan of both of them

4 Likes

Yesssssss I can breathe again :wink:

FENCE BREAKER RETURNS

2 Likes

Go the Dev!

This is the happiest I’ve felt with one of our games in a while.

1 Like

That was a nice finish from Devlin. Hope to see more minutes from him.

It was a bit hairy for some of the second half but again Adelaide didn’t really show enough in the final third against us. I thought Corica played it 100% right for the subs. Gucci was outstanding but was absolutely finished for the last 5 minutes or so he was on. The same cannot be said for Kurz, who left Thomassen on about 30 minutes too long for their sake.

Is Devlin the reincarnation of the shark?

Devlin was excellent even before the goal. And what about those 2 huge breaks from O’Neill right at the end, even after all the running he’d done?

I like watching ivanovic, confident, quick and good ball control. Happy for Devlin !

It’s great seeing the youth products get minutes and goals.

First half was some brilliant stuff. Second half was poorer but happy with the win and goals off no penalties. Ninkovic was superb first half.

O’Neill had a great game in general but his contribution going forward was particularly noticeable.

2 Likes

They’re both a little bit special imo, can’t remember the last time I was clamouring for young lads to get more time like these two.

Caceres wasn’t terrible, but you know how most people on their wedding day are getting introduced to their partners second cousin they’ve never met before? That’s like Caceres and the touchline. He tucks in a little too far and a little too often, even though he’s creating a lane for Rhyan, he needs to fill that gap too at the right times. Comparatively, Ivanovic stretches defences like a rosebudded anus.

2 Likes

I don’t know what I love more: Ninko’s performances on the pitch or his humble, and honest post match interviews.

What happened with the security guy? Get caught in the collapse? Good to see him get up in the end

He looks to be fine and has scored a Sydney FC jacket as a result. Great gesture from someone in the Cove by the looks of it.

MOTM voting

I hope I got the player list right

1 Like

The Cove were markedly improved compared to last week. Well done to all involved, and a decent display (in patches) from the lads on the park.

Lol that’s Max one of our supporter marshals. That’s his uniform. He took a knock to the ribs but is ok

3 Likes

Yeah I thought I’d seen him at melb away. Good to hear all ok, looked a bit concerning from the sideline