Round 22 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 17/03/19

If I recall correctly that central coast game, they were saying they could t mark the lines because the area was covered by puddles.

Apparently pitch is fine, but there is water pooling which is the concern

Iā€™m looking forward to the return of Puddleinhoā€¦ from the comfort of my living room

What about delaying until next Saturday? There are no games scheduled then (I presume for the international break, which wouldnā€™t affect either team).

Just been confirmed that itā€™s going ahead

Ugh, Sunday night games are the pits.

1 Like

Sunday 5pm is fine. Sunday 7pm would be the worst kickoff time of the weekend.

Whats our worst ever crowd? This may come close

Our worst HAL home crowd was just over 4,000 people turning up for a 3-1 win against the 'Nix in December 2010 (weather was even worse than this). Itā€™s a vividly depressing memory because weā€™d just lost the vote to host the World Cup and I was sitting there thinking how badly Australian football could use a boostā€¦

1 Like

As @King_Arnold said, a 2010 game against the Nux had 4,012 for our worst ever A-League attendance:
http://www.sfcstatistics.com/match/?no=175

Our worst competitive home game attendance was against Adelaide in the FFA Cup (3,536 attendance), which is probably what led to us not playing home non-finals FFA Cup games at Allianz:
http://www.sfcstatistics.com/match/?no=282

You might also count Pre-season Cup, in which case there was 3,424 against Perth in 2005, also at Allianz:
http://www.sfcstatistics.com/match/?no=12

1 Like

Im surprised an ACL game wasnt in that.

There was just over 4k in Kogarah the other night

Ahh the Battle of Bluetongue. I remember bumping into Brosquey at the Gosford Maccaā€™s after the first one was postponed. But those were the days when the entire team coach also used to stop at the F3 Maccas for Newy away.

Serious question: do any of those who were at Daft Punk regret it now? I remember they were all defiant in the immediate aftermath, being a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some French blokes press a few buttons. But considering every form of electronic music sounds dated 5 minutes after itā€™s released, surely enough time has passed for them to see the error of their ways by now. :wink:

That goal by the racist one is still absolutely outrageous.

1 Like

Pitch looks okay:

Iā€™d really prefer Ivanovic, Devlin or even Austin starting on the right. Caceres should be fighting Retre to partner Branners if Brillante is going.

2 Likes

Zero regrets going to Daft Punk as Iā€™ve stated multiple times, got see an act I always wanted to see and just as they started got the we just won 5-4 text.

On the other hand, any regrets cheering for a racist scoring a goal :wink:

That was one of the more fun games Iā€™ve been to. Watching the ball roll towards goal, then take a u-turn and stay out :smiley:

Iā€™m confident we can win. Weā€™ve had some good performances against them this season, and it does feel like the City players are getting a sniff of the possibility of Joyce being sacked. When that happens, teams rarely play at their best regardless of effort.

Looking by far the sharper early

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Oā€™Neill try some long-distance shots in these conditions. Heā€™s not bad at hitting them and get the ball to skid nicely off the turf. Potentially tricky night for keepers.