Round 22 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 17/03/19

In the days before smartphones, I’d have had to keep looking at the pitch, so at least there’s that comfort now.

3 Likes

Thatll be the one where we start strongly and are clearly the better side for 20mins then lose initiative totally for 30mins then start giving it away in dangerous positions while never looking like scoring .

Can someone just put a dolly over for Eugene to catch so we can get a shot on target?

1 Like

Corica will say we dominated and were unlucky. Scary thing nothing seems to be improving it is the same old shit.

The past few seasons have definitely made us forget that teams can perform badly. We’re still second and if we finished third wed call that a good season pre-arnie years.

That said Corica needs to make some chances. We’ve made so few chances the last month or so despite having some very good players on the park.

1 Like

We’ve never even looked close to scoring. Rubbish performance.

1 Like

No shots on target.

It doesn’t matter how tired we are, how wet the pitch is, how boring/well City play or how good we’ve been the last two seasons. To have no shots on target is pathetic at this level. Especially for a team supposedly challenging for the Premiership and Championship.

Someone just set the time for frank farina on the delorean and drove us to the second half there .

2 Likes

Absolutely disgraceful. There’s maybe two or three players who can hold their heads high but the others better take a good long look at themselves.

Our scoring streak in the A-league is over. 33 games I think it was. Scoring at home was also a pretty long streak but Im not sure how many games.

On the game itself, surely Retre and Caceres should swap positions, Retre was in great form playing out wide and Ceceres looks less bad in the centre.

3 Likes

If you want a silver lining, it’s one less streak for the commentators to waffle on about continuously through the match. The fewer streaks the better.

MOTM voting is open

I know it’s a passe thing to say but I genuinely struggled to give out 6 points.

Goo.

1 Like

May as well copy and paste this for every game now. Been saying for ages I think he could give our midfield a better balance next to Branners, but if he’s named at RM next game I might just stay home in order to prevent going nuclear on SC.

We did miss 3* sitters before they scored, take one of those and it’s the usual gift 3 points from City.
But that’s been happening a lot lately, we’re just nowhere near as clinical.

*Milos airswing, ALF free header and Reza’s facejob for those playing at home.

3 games scoreless, with each game seeing us less likely to score.
Starting with Australia Day, our WDL record is 3-2-4 in all competitions.

‪Starting to feel the pinch I feel, AFC travel, on-going injuries to De Silva & De Jong, the uncertainty of Brillante’s transfer, Jop’s disappearance from the team altogether, Calver jumping ship, now Warland injured. Zero shots on target isn’t good enough. Although it’s only our 4th home loss in 41 games - it’s bye bye to the minor premiership now.

No. The answer was no.

SC has the option of rotating more players, both to rest weary legs and to ask different questions of the opposition. He chose tonight to start with 10 of the 11 who started in Japan.