Round 23 - City vs Sydney FC - 1/8/20

City have been superb for most of this game, but I feel that Corica has really given the game to them with his tactical decisions and substitutions. I was even worried listening to him at the interview just after half-time. It didn’t seem like he was really watching the game. Maybe he’s just on autopilot tonight and just happy to give certain players minutes, but its not giving this match the respect it deserves.

Pietro totally nailed this when the line ups came out.

1 Like

Everyone has switched off. Just running at crowded groups of defenders and not looking for the pass. No one moving off the ball.

Let’s not forget that without Redmayne’s form in the first half, it could easily 4-0 or 5-0 by now. We really need to get our shit in order if we’re to win the Grand Final. If we put out this side in the finals, such a belting will almost certainly become reality.

1 Like

Yeah, worrying signs about the whole team being way less sharp and fit than the other sides since we’ve come back.

Sure, Retre had a poor game and McGowan’s error was a shocker… but we’ve been outplayed for long periods of time …

It would be a real shame if the finals series got canned due to COVID

1 Like

Although I think we would have played better if Zullo and Van Der Saag had started, the team seems to have already started their end of season holiday. Redmayne, Caceres, Brattan and ABJ played well.

Part of me wonders what would have happened if Kosta had buried that chance to make it 1-1. That would replicate our usual go-behind-but-wake-up game plan.

Lots of players should hang their head.

MOTM voting

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/08/01/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

I don’t like football anymore.

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh well, can’t deny that they deserved that one.

I can never figure out why coaches, when presented with an absence, move a player from one position to that position and therefore weaken two positions instead of weakening just the original position with the natural replacement who will benefit from the start.

10 Likes

As irrelevant as it may be, as of this moment, if we had such a thing as a “post-break” table we’d be lying in 8th spot.

Modern football is rubbish.

1 Like

homer

3 Likes
                  Redders

Harry flottman(Warland) wilko zullo
Zuvela
Brattan. Ninko
Bernie. Alfie. Trent

Next game or get fucked

Kosta hasn’t really been good enough since we signed him. Having said that tonight is all on Corica

I originally thought it was nice of the club to allow some poor bloke from the local homeless community to sit on the bench with the team. On the close up shot it turns out it was Grant though

As I’ve mentioned previously, Kosta isn’t being used in the same way he was used for most of/all of his time at the Victory. Give him the ball out wide and running at full-backs, and he shows a lot more to his game than he shows in this 4-4-2. His pace stretches defensive lines and that’s what Corica is using him for, rather than any trickery on the wing. So if he isn’t scoring or assisting, he doesn’t really contribute much.

2 Likes