Round 24 - Adelaide vs Sydney FC - 6/08/20

We’re getting better

Looking much better in the 2nd half

Its so weird seeing an empty ANZ stadium

I really don’t think that Ivanović should be playing RAM in this system. Forward or nothing.

A better second half in that we controlled position and possession for the most part and limited them to only a few attacks. Which is pretty good considering they were more desperate for points. Having said that we never reached any great heights, and they probably had the best chances to score.

1 Like

Harry fucking Van Der fucking Saag, what a champ. That run made me pregnant.

6 Likes

I’ll believe it when he chases the ball all the way to the opposition keeper, then chases the ball down the left wing, and still gets back to his position to stop an attack down the right :wink:

2 Likes

MOTM voting:

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/08/06/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

At least Redmayne is a beast.

:exploding_head:

21 Likes

Good game.

Sydney showed they still have it. That was enough

Things fell apart again a bit toward the end, but the football we played from ~40 to ~70 looks like a side which can compete again, with Brattan and Grant coming back. Much better than the previous games.

2 Likes

Nobody seemed to have a bad game, which I wouldn’t have said for the last two games.

Retre had me worried late when he replaced Harry at RB, was beaten to the ball and then didn’t seem to get back fast enough to make up for it; but overall our defence was pretty solid.

Gowser may have lost his man that led to their goal, but apart from that he and Wilkinson did well, as did Redders.

Nice to have Alfie back at the top of the Golden Boot too. Hopefully he can grab a couple more against BRI and WUN.

2 Likes

Definite spank-bank material

Really encouraged by VDS’ display, that ball he played through for our goal was delightful.

Brook looked decent for Adelaide too

1 Like

Yes VDS played well, has lots of potential. Surprised he couldn’t last the whole match

Zullo looked a bit gassed, Retre didn’t have his best game either.

HVDS is a beast.

Did anyone else get the impression that Alfie was pissed off last night?. Didn’t look like his normal happy go lucky self

Finally got to watch the game. What a massive improvement in all elements of the game, just some lazy defending at a set piece to iron out.

VDS was such a huge improvement over Retre at RB. He worked harder to get up and down and I think the fact he’s physically more imposing helps as well when it comes to blocking shots or making tackles.

The more I watch Caceres in midfield the more I’m convinced he’s got a long-term future there. I do wonder how a Brattan-Caceres midfield next season would go, combining Brattan’s solidity with Caceres’ drifting around and ball playing skills.

Buhagiar up front was blunter than he would be coming off the bench but still it’s good to see how well he can work starting matches.

Ninkovic was his usual amazing self. In addition to the moment in the gif above, he had so many little flicks and tricks. There was a shot in the first half where he took the ball from behind him and beat three defenders while just standing still and flicking the ball around.

If we play like that through the finals, we will be a real shot.

1 Like

I’m assuming one of these transfer rumours was real, involved a stack of green, and we flat out went nup.