Round 25 - North-West Suburbs vs Sydney FC - 13/04/19

I’ve got The General Theory of Relativity.
Mack has already hinted at it in that fb post by referring to ANZ as a “shit hole”. His forthcoming meltdown and subsequent conspiracy theory laden rant (found online sometime after 2000 Saturday night) will reveal it is in fact a black hole commandeered by the Illuminati in their latest attempt to suppress The Best Supporters In The World™
There will actually be eleventy billion of them in the ground but as they’re all heading towards the exit and away from us it just appears that there are less of them.

4 Likes

1 Like

What a bunch of self important toss bags. Fucking hell I hope we win and then I hope we play a finals game at “their” precious new ground.

Easy to get carried away with the derby but for us it should really be about the 3 points and staying in front of Melbourne for 2nd.

1 Like

Match preview is up on the front page:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 12 (57.1%)

Draws: 5 (23.8%)

Losses: 4 (19%)

Sydney FC record at ANZ

Wins: 5 (71.4%)

Draws: 1 (14.3%)

Losses: 1 (14.3%)

Last 5 Matches

15/12/18 – Western Sydney 1 – 3 Sydney FC

27/10/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 0 Western Sydney

6/10/18 – Western Sydney 0 – 3 Sydney FC

25/02/18 – Sydney FC 3 – 1 Western Sydney

9/12/17 – Western Sydney 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Records

Biggest Win – 5 goals:

9/12/17 – Western Sydney 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 2 goals (2 games):

15/12/12 - Sydney FC 0 – 2 Western Sydney

26/10/13 - Sydney FC 0 – 2 Western Sydney

Most Goals in a Game – 7 goals:

28/02/15 – Western Sydney 3 – 4 Sydney FC

Most Appearances vs Western Sydney – Rhyan Grant (15)*

Most Goals vs Western Sydney – Alex Brosque (5)*

Key Statistics

• A win here would put Sydney FC on 51 points. That would be the third highest points total the club has ever managed in a season. It would overtake the league-winning 2009-10 (48 points) and 2014-15 (50 points).
  • Sydney FC have conceded 2 goals in the last 5 derbies combined, scoring 16.
  • Alex Brosque scored in the last two derbies. No Sydney FC player has scored in three straight derbies.
  • Adam Le Fondre scored his 19th competitive goal for the club mid-week. This brings him equal to Filip Holosko as the 8th highest goalscorer in Sydney FC’s history.

Anyone got any info on Siem? Just saw an interview with Corica saying he might be out for the derby but i dont know how long ago the interview was.

1 Like

I want to see ANZ emptied out for one last time. I’m feeling nostalgic

1 Like

Yes it is. Let it end now, or at least wait until 2020/21. North-West just makes them sound like they come from Richmond or something, which is far less offensive than insinuating they come from Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Penrith or even Parramatta.

Picked up a knock against Shanghai which led to his substitution. Hoping he’ll play, doesn’t sound TOO bad, but you’d be cautious of risking things. Perhaps selected on the bench and only brought on if needed?

Retre to come in for Zullo based in the article too.

Pretty insane to think someone so injury prone actually made it be a professional sports person in the first place.

I guess it’s 2 weeks for Siem?

2 Likes

It’s De Jongest 2 weeks ever when he’s out.

1 Like

He really is made of glass. Jeebus

1 Like

Fire up!

1 Like

But this game means nothing, last week was more important etc :wink:

Absolutely gutted to be missing one. Go hard, take liberties / mug them off in their own manor as per usual. Last chance to remind Bridge he’s a cunt too.

I’ve got a free ticket for this game. Give me a shout if you’re keen.

Score predictions? 2-2 for me: I’m thinking we will tire a bit towards the end after the massive week we’ve had.

I’ll take 4-1 thanks.

Wanderers 2-1.