Round 4 - CCM vs Sydney FC - 12/12/21

It’s going to be interesting to see how this one goes, given we played extra time mid week with some key players on the pitch the whole time or nearly the whole time.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hoff gets a start here.

We’re going to get arse blasted.

1 Like

Any word on Bobo?

Assume Zullo is a week away?

I reckon Corica is going to throw caution to the wind and play a 4222 formation…

Redmayne
HVDS
Donachie
Wilkinson
King
Retre
Hoff
Caceras
King
Alfie
Kosta/Trent/Elvis

1 Like

That’s just crazy talk.

Thats afternoon drinking for ya

1 Like

This is some weird kick off time right? Like 630?

I’m definitely not an expert but I get the feeling the 120 minutes yesterday won’t affect us THAT much. Over the next few days the boys will just take it a bit easier in training and I’d say most will be fine by Sunday. We completely ran over Macarthur so that shows we’re a pretty fit team.

@MrRooney you named King twice, unless of course you slightly mistyped ‘Milos’ or ‘Ninko’ and it autocorrected to King which is understandable.

1 Like

Double the King, double the fun!

2 Likes

CCM away is definitely a big test at this stage of the season.
Elvis to start with Alf or Bobo depending on how much fatigue Lefron is feeling.
The mids and defenders,same as Cup.

That’s afternoon drinking for ya

Macarthur played quite a rotated squad, only Oar, Najjar and Susnjar started for both their A-league game and their FFA cup game.

They also played all their Under 20 and NPL1 Northbridge players that were on the bench who only started training three weeks ago.

This is only my second ever away Mariners game, as the games have always fallen on days I’m playing cricket. I decided to make a weekend of it and booked a room at Hotel Gosford with the other half… This is her second game and first in The Cove… And I just realised pre-game and march are starting from our accommodation. This seems like a pretty good tester for whether it’s meant to be, or if she’ll wise up.

7 Likes

Hotel Gosford is also recently renovated. Top joint now.

1 Like
8 Likes

Marvin is life

2 Likes

Usain Bolt in the background :laughing:

2 Likes

Didn’t see Usain as I was scarred by seeing Dan the sponsorship man in his boxers. Good pick up.

Everybody here feels our club’s problem is tactical inflexibility, ageing star players or the lack of an adequate replacement for Luke Brattan but I put it all down to the fact we have shit mascots.

Can we get Marvin on a free transfer?

9 Likes

It won’t work. He’ll be shoehorned into a role in front of the away bay because Corica will continue to persist with a 2 in front of the home end rather than move to a 3 of Syd, Marvin & Sydnee.

4 Likes

Can we get his strength & conditioning coach down to SFC please? I was watching through my fingers when he jumped off that trolley :grimacing:

Old school. They are apparently called Skye and Blue now

https://twitter.com/SydneyFC/status/604853178484391936?s=19

4 Likes