Round 5 - 2019/20 Discussion - No Sydney, No Party

Lopar is really really shit keeper and keeps getting away with this stuff and has Bozza salivating all over him. Tell redmayne to stand in his goals and save everything from now on.

McDonald should have buried though.

1 Like

Why do they bother?

VAR is a waste of space and more importantly is destroying the game.

1 Like

Adam Papalia - “well this is captivating”. Wrong mate, it’s fucking destroying football. I’m off to do a far more captivating dump.

Now that’s a goal!

No less than they’ve deserved. If it wasn’t clear in the four games before tonight, Wanderers are absolute dogshit. That they were top of the league even for a moment reflects poorly on all of us.

3 Likes

Yeah, but now I just don’t fucking care.

The ball bounced for NorWest early rounds,looks like it’s a bit deflated now…LowPass is ordinary,he showed that in the Cup against City,the Snake will be back!

2 Likes

He went for a diving punch at waist height when he should’ve caught it from Diamanti’s free kick, stands inside his goal for that disalllwed goal and awkwardly dives for the goal too.

I’d be giving Suman the gig ahead of him.

That non goal was just terrible all around.
Shit header from McDonald
Terrible keeping
Even worse officiating

2 Likes

Crowd 4.5k. Ouch.

The cross from Diamanti was a peach, shame McDonald chose to remind us all why he never broke his duck for the NT.

These expansion teams are going to be disaster off the pitch. “Growth corridors” my fucking arse. You’ll never convince me Wollongong and Canberra weren’t better options.

3 Likes

Man, Archie is so bad. Can’t they edit out the rambling before he actually secures a player to talk to?

To be fair, with the “growth corridor” idea, your rewards are going to be 20 years down the track… if you’re still around by then. For now, it’s shite.

As for Wests… the paucity of creativity in that team is staggering. They really have nothing. Have a high position on the table due to riding their luck, but doing that only takes you so far. After a while you get found out.

1 Like

People often said ffa weren’t forward thinking enough then they expanded with forward thinking in mind and people say they’re too forward thinking.

If and big if they get the stadium up and running they’ll be a really impressive side. At this point they’re actually not victory and offer their own identity which offers so much more than city as a team to support. They’re starting well this season on the pitch and look like they’re developing a decent and growing following. Already looking better than Gold Coast or fury

5 Likes

Babbel should’ve just kept the team from last year rather than trying to rebuild. But Babbel is also a fraud. Rudan has achieved more with less and even with a new side…

Wests fans were supposed to be excited by “goal machine” Alex Meier (lol).

I get your point, but why gamble on “growth” though? There’s already areas with a decent football following. I spent a good amount of my life living in Wollongong, it could support a team out of WIN stadium easy. Wolves are playing out the same stadium in the NSWPL.

Bosnich has decided to be massively pro-referee and VAR this season, regardless of the circumstances. Defending a still image of the ball about a foot over the line is just the start.

1 Like

Yeah, I get everything he said about prohibitive costs for goal line tech and the line drawn being only a reference point. But that line drawn did it’s job and established the ball was over the goal line… it was placed a few cm too far forward (which is stupid), but you could just about have fit another entire ball in between it and the one nestled against Lopar’s nutsack. The ball was at least 6 inches over the line.

Alex King and KGJ should both be sacked tomorrow. If we could fuck Archie & Bozza off too that’d be grand.

2 Likes

They seem to be smitten by the idea that “derbies = winning”, and Foxtel have driven that to a great degree. They’ve also seemed to have been swayed by the commitment to the stadium, which is why the better SE Melbourne bid lost out.
For me, they’ve fucked up royally. I’m firmly team Gong and team ACT so I’m with you. But the above seems to be their reasoning

1 Like