Round 9 - 2019/20 Discussion

Friday, 6 December 2019

Melbourne City FC v Perth Glory
AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick-Off: 7:30pm (Local) (7:30pm (AEDT))
Referee: Shaun Evans

Saturday, 7 December 2019

Wellington Phoenix v Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Eden Park, Auckland
Kick-Off: 7:15pm (Local) (5:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Daniel Elder

Sunday, 8 December 2019

Western United FC v Smegma
GMHBA Stadium, Geelong
Kick-Off: 4:00pm (Local) (4:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Adam Kersey

Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets
Coopers Stadium, Adelaide
Kick-Off: 5:30pm (Local) (6:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Chris Beath

Bye: Central Coast Mariners

City
Draw
Victory
Adelaide

City draw draw draw

If both teams play like last week then Welly are absolute specials. They were very good overall in Adelaide, but also very direct going forward, they can cause Wests all the same problems Newcastle did.

Jamie MacLaren & friends
Wellington
Growth Corridor FC
Adelaide

The game in Adelaide is going to be played in sweltering conditions with a maximum temperature of 37 forecast.

City
Nix
Draw
Adelaide

City
Nix
Draw
Draw

City
Draw
Melbourne
Adelaide

So over these forced wankfest club anthems.

All the more reason to be proud of “We Are Sydney”.

2 Likes

Outstanding defending by “one of the best defenders in the league” Delbridge with a fucked up clearance, then getting bumped off the ball by Fornaroli for the goal. Bouzanis should’ve come out for it, though. 1-0 Popovic and Sons.

Lol Bouzanis.

Hes got to claim that. Fair play to Fornaroli not celebrating

City dominating possession but just not able to break into the box - only two shots on target to Perth’s one.

I see both referees and commentators have given up calling things simulation.

If Castro didn’t dive why did he fall over with his arms in the air?

Brillante looks so weird clean shaven. Equally weird playing as an 8, he’s getting forward pretty often and basically always higher than Griffiths. City’s midfield about as balanced as the Matilda’s, so yeah, just give us the plate now I guess.

Also, lol. As soon as Castro started talking I said to the missus “there’ll be no follow-up question cos Archie can’t understand a word”… cue 30 seconds of Archie smiling and nodding, then just shakes his hand and sends him on his way. No idea how Fox employ such a plank.

1 Like

Makes me wonder how the fuck he lasted a couple of months or however long it was in Spain earlier this year?

Archies line about Popa not wanting to concede because they conceded last week was also such a nothing statement

Nice finish by Delbridge there. Best defender in the league.

Yeah you called it. :rofl:

I don’t know what he’s doing even playing at that ball. He could see there was no one darting in behind him, could’ve just let it run out for the goal kick.