Sack the Board: the Cricket thread I

Another sobering statistic that Channel 7 has tweeted:

Australia’s top six have not recorded a score of 75 or higher all series, and only 19 scores of 20 or more. Appalling.

The batsmen should be ashamed of themselves after watching Cummins bat. Pray for rain although we don’t deserve it. Same old story, our bowlers are decent but our batsmen are rubbish

What was the Pant sledge?

You can see the video of it here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/rishabh-pant-hits-back-at-tim-paine-calling-australian-skipper-a-temporary-captain/news-story/331712adcbcba40294e27a0f1c3b43e4

Batsmen’s pay check should all go to Cummins

2 Likes

Upon reflection, those 3 spilled sitters in India’s 1st Innings appear especially costly now. What were they worth? Somewhere around 100 runs? Hmmmmm…

And now they call up Labuschagne for Sydney- who averages 28 with the bat and 56 with the ball in shield before this. I’d

Surely you improve the batting and go Maxwell and share the extra spinning load between him head and finch rather than select someone who doesn’t actually improve either. and surely you bring in Burns to either replace Marsh and push Finch down the order or directly replace Burns.

I was thinking how much of the top six I’d actually keep after this and it’s only Khawaja for sure with Head and Harris maybe

Jesus!!

The selection process has not been the only major error this series. We have given India beautiful pitches for them to prosper in Melbourne and now Sydney. Did CA actually want Australia to win this Test series or not? Every other nation prepares wickets to best suit their own team. Why not us?

Harris batting in his baggy green warms the heart. We might be losing but small mercies

At the cricket today. Boiling my fucking nuts off.

Beer is your friend today. And water, lots of water. But mainly beer

1 Like

We are going to lose by over an innings and the worst thing is we deserve it. They keep selecting Marsh despite results. 8 on this pitch, get the fuck out. We actually did something good by dropping the useless Handscomb with his stupid technique and they put him straight back in the team after 1 decent T20 match.

Fuck off. I hope the coach and selectors get the arse that they deserve

At least, they keep giving… You keep thinking they can’t get any worse… and then, they do…

Travis Head, what an absolute fuckin muppet.

Advice well and truly taken.

1 Like

Will we even get enough in our two innings to avoid a hypothetical 3rd innings follow-on?

1 Like

Australia now on the precipice of not having a batsman score a ton in a 4 test series at home (let’s not kid ourselves in the 2nd innings here). Utterly embarrasing. Some very poor dismissals today. Khawaja as the senior batsman in the team just so easily finding the field, Head hitting back an average full toss 5 minutes before Tea, S Marsh just poking at one for another single digit score etc. You just get the feeling some of them will feast on a poor Sri Lankan attack later in the summer and CA and the selectors get to feel it is all fine. Though, then fast forward 6 months to an overcast morning at Edgbaston…

It seems like the selectors have just decided to chuck the towel in till smith is back.

It’s a bit unfortunate. Had they picked the right players and Khawja maybe didn’t have off field distractions I was overly optimistic we’d see a few more batsmen stand up

This fucking ad can fuck right off. I havent hated an ad more since the Rivers ads circa 2012, even worse than the ball tampering shit.