Top seven really should be
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Patterson
Maxwell
Wade
Paine

Don’t let the score fool you. Sri Lanka are putting in an atrocious bowling effort.

They had all three fast bowlers from last game out injured. Its a weak weak attack but still credit to Burns and Head for cashing in and booking Ashes tickets. Harris, Marnus and Khawaja did not take the free runs on offer.

All of them dropped. Khawaja looks absolutely all over the place. He must be perilously close to not going to the Ashes. I would take Harris and Burns to battle it out for the opening spot, but they could bat Burns at 3.

Ed Harris should prosper in English conditions.

?

Perfectly suited.

Burns should never have been dropped in the first (or second, or third) place. There never was a justification for it.

We’re looking half decent all of a sudden. Another big win over Pakistan last night.

Yep and warner smashed it in the IPL. Dare to dream for the world cup? :sunglasses:

Nah. Definitely too early for that. Its interesting we’ve also chosen to warm up with ODIs in India and UAE rather than anything close to English conditions. Youd say the team is probably heading for

Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Lyon

With the extra four being Handscomb, Shaun Marsh and then two from Behrendorff/Coutler-Nile/Kane Richardson/ Hazlewood. Jhye would have been there if not for the injury.

That said knowing selectors theyll pick Turner in the squad over Maxwell. The battings falling into place but Im not sure if our bowling is deep enough.

Would be great to see Warner and Smith left out. I still dare to dream.

They done the time (and arguably excessive) for the mistake so time to move on. Theyre two of the best in the world and we’d be crazy not to select them.

I would prefer they had to do what any other player would have to after being out of the team. Score the runs to get back in. Even if they have to play a season of Shield, I wouldn’t have them back in until they have earned it by runs.

1 Like

Crime, time, whatevs.

I wouldn’t pick Warner on a pure ‘no dickheads’ policy.

For those who care, Cricket World Cup starts tonight. England vs South Africa.

Would be good if they could both lose but it looks like a good start by the Pommies so far

Ben Stokes’s catch. My oh my!

1 Like

Shouldn’t that fella be in jail?

1 Like

West Indies all over Pakistan. They’re absolutely spoilt with fast bowling allrounders. Aussies would be so much better with just one of Braithwaite Russell or Holder