Sack the Board: the Cricket thread I

He’s made a lot of runs in shield batting 4/5 which is where he should be at if he’s going to be in the test side. Burns in for Marsh and Finch dropping to 5 makes sense

Impressive number of “Head and Tail” punning headlines around this morning

Had Head down as a potential next Aussie captain a year ago (when smith retired) but thought it was way too soon to select him. Probably would have dropped him for this but well played so far.

Starc goes for 15. 8/204. Head probably has to hit out now and try get another 20-30 with the last two

Absolutely pathetic we cant chase down and surpass 250 at the Adelaide oval.

Barring a collapse you’d suspect India would have enough here already.

Would actually make for a great narrative if India are in a position to win their first series in Australia in god knows how long and Australia recall Smith in a SOS. It won’t of course, because Cricket Australia and whatever fucking reasons they come up with…

At worse the next squad has to be dropping Shaun Marsh and bringing in Joe Burns (yes he had a bad shield knock but hes had consistency over the last few seasons) and drop Finch down the order. But knowing selectors theyll either go unchanged or bring in someone like Larkin or Maddison who dont have the consistency but just got some shield runs.

I’ve hardly tuned in, but clearly the most disappointing thing is still having to listen to James Brayshaw on Ch7.

If Marsh can win us a match here i’m prepared to give him another chance

If Marsh wins us the match here, I will deadset eat every single hat I have.

I’ve been watching on fox and have been really impressed, lots of knowledge, no #banter and, most importantly, no offensive spruiking of appalling memorabilia or terrible reality shows every 10 minutes

1 Like

Plus the picture quality shits all over Ch. 7
And the complete absence of Brayshaw, J…

Going to be a bad day this. Can honestly see us collapsing under pressure and being all out either just before or just after lunch

That’ll be it then. We don’t have anyone left to form a partnership who can grind away to save this now.

Cricket is a stupid game anyway.

NSW going well, but…

As ordinary as much of Australia’s batting has been, India’s bowlers have been absolutely relentless. Great ball by Bumrah to dismiss Marsh. Surely the end is nigh now, although a welcome all-day thunderstorm in the next 5-10 minutes would be nice.

Most Marsh knock ever. Absolutely certain to be dropped but pulls out a gritty 50 that’ll keeng him the side for a few more tests

Absolutely loving how Fox turned up the stump mics and the commentary went silent for the whole over. Great fun listening to the Indians trying to get into Cummins’ head. The Channel 9 commentators wouldn’t have been able to shut up for 5 seconds.

1 Like

How the fuck else will you know about the upcoming series of the Block, the 4000 limited edition framed signed team bats on sale, and a hilarious blokey anecdote from Ian Healy about Shane Warne?

Jesus fuck man, do you even Cricket?

1 Like

Granted Channel 7 did show us an ad in the middle of the cricket talking about MASH being on 7 Two.