Sam Kerr Thread

Solid hip and shoulders on him:

1 Like

Andrew Symonds move over and eat your heart out!

Ridiculous she got carded for that… she should get a mdeal

1 Like

I don’t get it either, no one else was protecting the players.
Security clearly weren’t doing their job. The guy is pretty much in the middle of the pitch and the video then goes for 17 seconds before she dropped him. The guy was a harmless wanker wanting a selfie but it could’ve easily been a Monica Seles situation so where the fuck were security?

2 Likes

The rules state that if you doing something violent etc to a supporter you get carded.

Then the rules are wrong.

If you go into their domain (the stands) then yes… if they come into yours (the field) then fuck you.

It’s dumb.

Imagine if you’re in some eastern European nut job land and some crazy dude starts running towards you? I’m putting my heel on his chin before he gets within arm length of me.

If the guy was being handled by security then fair enough. He wasn’t and the referee hasn’t interpreted the rule correctly.
The rule is there for an incident like Hatem Ben Arfa was involved in a couple of months ago. Opposition fans hurled bottles at him and he threw them back into the crowd. It’s not there to prevent players from taking action against pitch invaders.

She knocks the guy on his arse and security still dont grab him.

Two new rules.

1. If you rush the pitch the players each get a free kick.
  2. If you throw shit on the pitch then you’re thrown onto the pitch so the players can each have a free kick.

I agree the rule is dumb, but it’s still the rules.
It’s as stupid as the yellow for taking your shirt off.

If the referee doesn’t follow the rules they get in trouble.

That wasn’t violent.

If he’d been on the ball it would have been perfectly legal.

She’s actually lucky it wasn’t a red.

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

1 Like

I’d rather the ref just let the game flow, in this case.

Rightly or wrongly, I’ve seen plenty of players sent off or at least yellow carded for doing similar things.

WTAF? Are those other people security? Absolutely piss weak. I’d hate to think what would’ve happened if that person was carrying a knife or then physically retaliated on a player.

Shocking couple of weeks for Chelsea.
That Juve result last week was followed up by a 4-0 loss to Wolfsburg, and now Chelsea are sensationally OUT of the Champions League.
In other Aussie news, Joe Montemurro at least got some joy from this as Juve qualified top.

Congrats Sam

Should be number 1 but has to pay the Aussie tax

Losing the Champions League and not medaling at the Olympics. Change one of those and she probably gets it.