Semi-Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 12/05/19 - Match thread

Already nervous for this one. How is everyone else feeling? Nervous? Confident? Just plain fired up?

EDIT: Match preview is up:

I believe we will line up as follows:

You can find information on The Cove’s game plans here – get to the ground 30 minutes before kick-off to make some noise for the lads during warm-up.

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 16 (32.7%)

Draws: 17 (34.7%)

Losses: 16 (32.7%)

Sydney FC record at Jubilee Oval

Wins: 7 (63.6%)

Draws: 2 (18.2%)

Losses: 2 (18.2%)

Last 5 Matches

6/04/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Melbourne

26/01/19 – Melbourne 2 – 1 Sydney FC

25/11/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 2 Melbourne

28/04/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 3 Melbourne

13/04/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 0 Melbourne

Records

Biggest Win – 5 goals:

26/01/14 – Melbourne 0 – 5 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 5 goals:

16/10/05 – Melbourne 5 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 6 goals:

7/08/10 – Sydney FC 3 – 3 Melbourne

13/12/14 – Melbourne 3 – 3 Sydney FC

14/02/15 – Sydney FC 3 – 3 Melbourne

14/11/15 – Sydney FC 2 – 4 Melbourne

Most Appearances vs Victory – Alex Brosque (30)*

Most Goals vs Victory – David Carney and Mark Bridge (5)

Key Statistics

• There have been 7 Finals Series games between these two teams. Sydney FC have won 2 of those, both on penalties
  • Out of 23 home games against Melbourne, Sydney FC have a record of 9 wins, 9 draws and 5 losses.
  • Sydney FC have scored in each of the last 12 matches against Melbourne.
  • Andrew Redmayne and Brandon O’Neill have played in every competitive game this season, a total of 37 appearances – 27 league games, 5 FFA Cup games and 5 Champions’ League games.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

1 Like

Likely the last time I see Brosque play in the flesh :sob:

3 Likes

?

This would be the match thread as opposed to the other one all about tickets etc.

Had to park near AAMI Park so Tard lurked. No injuries despite my intense Uri Geller attempts to bend ligaments. Thomas only GK training.

In short, nothing to report.

We’re going to get the arse blasting of a lifetime right up until the moment Brosque gets to put one over those fucking cunts one last time.
Go get 'em son!

5 Likes

Surely we lineup something like this:

Redmayne
Grant Wilko calver zullo
O’neill brilliante
Caceres De Jong ninko
Alfie

With bench: Tratt, DDs, brosque, Ivanovic

With Reza hopefully out of the squad.

Maybe Retre as a utility sub may make the bench instead of either DDS or Ivanovic, but otherwise I’d imagine you nailed it.
I also imagine Muscat will have nailed exactly how we’ll set up and what we’ll do, of course, and that’s less good.

Haven’t forgiven Liverpool for 2005 (even after 2007), however there is something about the post game Allez Allez Allez and YNWA rendition that has fired me. Cant wait do to them on Sunday and send em packing back to their shity colony. Bring it on.

huh?

1 Like

I can only guess it’s a Milan/Wolves fan?

just have no clue what it’s to do with Sydney-Melbourne

It’s all blended into one for me these past few days. Clearly for dagame too!

1 Like

We’ll get slapped if we play like we did against Ulsan. SDJ should start, and hopeful of Tratt/Wilko defensive duo

Not if they play like they did in any of their ACL games.

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7. Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Danny DE SILVA, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE, 16. Reza GHOOCHANNEJHAD, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Jacob TRATT, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 22. Siem de JONG, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 25. Joel KING.

two to be omitted

Ins: 2.Aaron CALVER (promoted), 7. Michael ZULLO (return from injury), 8. Paulo RETRE (promoted), 14. Alex BROSQUE (return from injury), 17.Anthony CACERES (promoted), 22. Siem de JONG (promoted).

Outs: 5.Jop van der LINDEN (not selected), 21. Mitch AUSTIN (not selected), 24. Cam DEVLIN (not selected), 31. Luke IVANOVIC (not selected).

Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (ACL - indefinite), 12. Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19. Chris ZUVELA (ACL – indefinite).

I would have dropped Reza for 1 of the younglings

Having Reza come off the bench instead of someone driven, hungry like Devlin is like trying to whip someone with a limp piece of lettuce …

1 Like

100% agree. Give Devlin a crack and you know he’ll absolutely bust a gut for the team

OK, rage has commenced. I’m out shoe shopping and stumbled across this shit:

Jog the fuck on, Blaq, welcome to my petty blacklist.

3 Likes